The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
xero

New Member introduction

Hi all,I'm Xero, that's short for Xerophil which gives you clue as to my main interests.

I'm in the boonies (Kalgoorlie WA) and Spring is here so I'm spending as much time out bush as pos. which is why I don't have enough time to spend on this. I've enjoyed what I've seen on this site so far and wish you weren't all so far away. How do we go sending seeds/plants/cuttings etc. interstate?. There's some really interesting stuff growing around here that very little work has been done on. Something that I've always wondered about that someone here may be able to shed light on: How did the Aboriginals of old work out what was palatable or non toxix and what wasn't? Trial and error?

Guest reville

Hi pleased to meet you.

There are quite a few of us in WA as well so you dont necessarily have to import everything - if you do its just a matter of luck - i have no idea about the procedures. Most things i have are local or from seed.

Kal would be a nice place to put in the various Artemisias, Acacia victoriae, Annual herbs in winter and summer deciduos plants like Hypericum and of course the Ephedra species.

Im sure with a shadehouse you could grow more too so long as you can kep the easterlies at bay and keep the humidity up.

If you ever come over to perth you should tell people and you could probably ppick up plants from several places in perth.

anyway - welcome to the SAB forums.