The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Frank Costanza's Lawyer

Good, Cheap Sheesha

Does anyone know where I can get some good quality, well-priced sheesha? I normally buy from Off Your Tree but I am fed up with paying $35 for a 50g box of Al Fakher (world-class brand) Rose when I know that it is practically given away in it's country of origin. 500g probably wouldn't even be that much. I'm now on the last legs of some 6 month old shitty El Hennaway (cheap brand, tastes it too) Apple. Alternatively does anyone know a reliable website where I can purchase sheesha and other hookah related items?

Cheers

FCL

not meaning to teach you to suck eggs, but maybe asking in a Turkish/Arab restaurant might be the way to go. if they can't point you in the right direction they might have their own stock that they'd sell you cheaper than Off Your Tree

There is a Turkish Tobacconist on Beaumont Street, Hamilton (Newcastle). He has what you are after, cant think of the store name but i am sure a Yellow pages search will find it.

The owner often sits on the street and smokes his Sheesha, quite a sight to see!

Tripitaka>> Unfortunately I don't live in Sydney but thanks anyway.

JJ>> Sheesha is tobacco leaf that is mixed with molasses and flavoured, it is smoked through a hookah, which is a large water-pipe invented to smoke opium, but is now only used for sheesha. To smoke anything else through it, though possible, is considered disrespectful. Very good for a relaxed conversation with friends over sweets and lebanese coffee. If you live near Brisbane and PM me I would be happy to introduce you to it first-hand.

nabraxas>> That's actually quite a good idea, I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot. :worship:

Cheers

FCL

There is a Turkish Tobacconist on Beaumont Street, Hamilton (Newcastle). He has what you are after, cant think of the store name but i am sure a Yellow pages search will find it.

The owner often sits on the street and smokes his Sheesha, quite a sight to see!

"King of Tobacco". dudes name is Richard, hes a top bloke. even imports hookahs and loves to haggle! Just check out your local tobacconists till you find an enthusiastic owner like Richard, show your interest/love and they treat ya right everytime.

There's a sheesha bar in west end called Yullah and they sell tobacco and products, dont know if its cheap though...

Jeffery sheesha is ultra mild, you can barley feel it go down and it tastes great too..

except when you spend 6 hours straight on one in a social setting and end up with acute nicotine poisoning!

I learned a valuable lesson though, lol.

except when you spend 6 hours straight on one in a social setting and end up with acute nicotine poisoning!

I learned a valuable lesson though, lol.

To avoid nicotine poisoning try and keep your sugar levels up. I've read that most of the problems are caused by a drop in blood pressure and that sugary sweets and drinks should cancel the effect. Also, never smoke on an empty stomach and don't rush, it's supposed to be a relaxing time not a race.

There's a sheesha bar in west end called Yullah and they sell tobacco and products, dont know if its cheap though...

I will probably go check them out next time I'm in the area, thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

FCL

Edited by Frank Costanza's Lawyer

I found a Turkish eatery with a sheesha lounge on Hindley St in Adelaide a few weeks ago. It is a few doors down from the Crazy Horse.

Met some really cool locals who let us join them in some apple and lemon flavoured tobacco.