The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Horus

Peyote western

Hi all,

Just rented a new release DVD and was expecting a run of the mill western,I was quite surprised when I realised the thing was a tripout western.

It was not at all anthropoligicaly correct but with the movies you must always expect comprimises eh?

I realised where the show was going early on when the Indians had Shipbo design handicrafts and were blowing into thier cactus juice like Ayahuascaros. Turns out the whole plot is based on ethnogens.

The end of the movie is a complete 20minute trip out like 2001 space odessey except it is all snakes and Alex Grey style transfigurations.

The hero and the baddie actually have thier showdown in the DMT dimensions!

Has anybody seen the DVD supplied with the box set from Coil with the russian ANS synthesiser,anyhow some of the visuals seemed to be a rip off of that pulsing mandala.

They were supposed to be drinking peyote but it came on alot quicker and lasted shorter,it was actually more like some bloody good Ayahuasca.The other factual inconsistancy was they purged at the end of the visuals.Still not to worry it is a better then average DVD.

It is called Renegade and stars Julliette Lewis(natural born killers)

and Michael Madson(resevior dogs)

I am sure the heads on this forum will enjoy it.

Hey peace! dont flame me for my spelling!

Cool, good to see it's more accessable now, i think before that people were importing it?

It also goes by the name Blueberry, great film, though I can't stand Julliette Lewis in anything lol

I've seen it a couple of times but could never get the english subtitles to work, have only just figured it out recently so I should understand the plot a little better this time :blush::lol:

mmm i have a version, but need to get the original, need full quality y0! The trip sequence is just TOO FAR OUT MAN, yeh its really really good, and when i get compression artifacts messin that up! agh! haha [/end bitch+moan]

It doesn't really say what they're drinking anywehre, so there's no 'factual inconsistencies' in that regard, yer just assuming stuff mate. Really it is a placebo, but through the powers of suggestionn the mind believes it has taken a powerful psychoactive compound and ... beautiful visions ensue... :P

Guillermo Arevalo (curandero) is in this movie I believe... I've only seen the ten minute 'trip' sequence, and the shaman is wearing a headband/cap with shipibo designs on it. I think the director and visual artists spent some time with him drinking ayahausca in the jungle, which certainly would have influenced the cinematography :wink:

Edited by Micromegas

His visions looked far more remenicent of aya than mesc IMO. I found it rather humorous that they had their cactus growing in the cave with a lil 'shaft' of light shining on them. :P

I'm pretty sure I saw that 10 minute trip scene after it was posted here a while ago..

According to the IMDB, the movie's name is "Blueberry", but was released in the USA as "Renegade". Hell knows Blueberry is just a tad too 'sissy' for them gun toting redneck sorts. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276830/

I have always wondered what that scene was from. I hope I can find it 'round these parts. :shroomer:

Its and interesting allusion to cross cultural mesoamerican hallucinogen exchange:)

it happens now, who knows it might have happened in the past :)

in the cave i saw peyotl, San pedro (-looking) cacti, i think i mad eout lengths of Capi liana and a bowl of green leaves- and of course mushroom motifs

The visions seem heavily aya influenced yet there is ample room for mescaline, mushrooms and others

In this group of natural plants and compounds most are cross compatible and form an even greater synergy

Cactus + Beta carbolines + substituted tryptamines (+/- lysergic acid or salvinorin) = :shroomer::lol::worship::wub:B)

the visuals were the most true to form i have ever seen, and though the rest of the movie was sos so that last segment was a new benchmark i think in psychedelic art

(the last great one being the the final short film on the Matrix followup - Animatrix)

3 things really that impressed me

1. The journey through the eye, dimensions etc down through flesh, cells, matter, subatomic particles etc.

the final layer graphics really blew me way at how well they captured my own smoked DMT realms. I never thought anyone could do that so well

2. The fidelity of the 'Chakra' energy fields on the body - for lack of better term. A visual and energetic phenomenon that has alway fascinated me. specifically for the knowledge of the destined ages of man. hard to articulate but to do with mans true phsyical form, rather than teh vulgar shap we see purely with the visible spectrum , and our crude eyes made of meat.

3. Resonance. after the death of the sorceror and it blips black before the emergence of the icaro anaconda. The way the tones and the resonance interact sent shivers up my spinal chord in recognition of its fidelity to something very very special indeed

Edited by Rev

(the last great one being the the final short film on the Matrix followup - Animatrix)

Ooh yeah. That one was very cool.

1. The journey through the eye, dimensions etc down through flesh, cells, matter, subatomic particles etc.

the final layer graphics really blew me way at how well they captured my own smoked DMT realms. I never thought anyone could do that so well

Amen brother. I thought *exactly* the same thing when I saw that part.

I think their use of audio, and space (silence) around that audio in places, is also particularly well done.

Belf