The Corroboree
teonanacatl

Uni results woop woop

Umm, might be different these days, but when I went to Uni I took on 50% more load (couldn't make up my mind what to do). I passed all the boring ones (chrystallography, physics, physical chem) even though I didn't attend most lecures and virtually no pracs, got high marks in all the fun ones (bio 1&2, organic chem, geomorphology) even though I didn't attend many lectures but all the pracs, and flunked maths1 even though I attended all lectures and even tutorials.
ofcourse its always different for each person but id say i could pass all the third year subjects now without going to any lectures, could have passed all the 2nd year ones last year. We havta do pracs otherwise we fail the course, so some do the bare minimum which doesnt give them much of a chance. Also depends if you have prior knowledge in the subject or an outside intrest in it. also first year doesnt count lol cos most is a repeat of school.

But yeah depends on the students, we cant all be geniuses like you T :bootyshake:

So, I am not sure if attendance is all that is needed. I spent more time studying for maths than for all other subjects combined and I still flunked. In biology2 I refused to go to lectures because the lecturer was a racist sleeping pill. I breezed through that just by studying from library course notes. In geology I learnt more during the (many) BBQs and field trips than during lectures and pracs.

if you attend then you will likely do better then if you didnt. Even if your sleeping you could still learn somthing. Going to lectures and pracs and tutes is just the start, best thing you can do is problems (especially in maths) and talk to people about it as it will become a lot more clearer.

Hot damn! You fellas really got it worked out hey? Im happy if i pass everything! Being in my second yr though my attitude has changed a little, in first year i didnt really care if i failed a subject or two. Im trying to get alot more motivated this session. Only been doing 3 subjects per session, yeah call me lazy if you must. Tryin 4 this time, with two being very physics related(my most despised subject). Was stoked when i got a credit for orgainic chem. Majorly pissed about just getting a pass for a materials subject as was sitting on over 80% all yr, bloody final exam...

All the best this session lads! For me its time to stop :bong: and start being :innocent_n: