The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
aceishigh

whipped cream?

in a strange fit of desperation i once ran out of balloons and used one of those 'crackers' to whip the cream straight into my mouth... cold burned the back of my throat and woke up...

It doesn't just freeze the back of the throat, but also the alveoli of the lungs. The cold dry gas can collapse these little structures that are responsible for oxygen and CO2 exchange. This can lead to lung infections and even emphesyma over time.

we used to use 3 hoogie machines (each) at a time, with 2 bulbs in each. that way you don't have to fiddle with bulbs while out there and the gas gets to warm up a little before inhaling. Metal reservoirs seems to warm up faster than glass which is another reason why metal is a better option.

you will notice that rapid succession of bulbs in a single hoogie machine will freeze the reservoir and will cause some serious damage when inhaled.

also, please remember that the bulbs contain some nasty metal dust and apparently some grease. Always put a multifolder damp hanky over the top of your nozzle when inhaling. If you use a white hanky you can see just how much crap you are keeping out of your lungs.

Bite the bullet and go out and buy a new Nang machine. Trust me they will last you years and you won't have to worry about an old school glass bottle shattering on you.

Glad to hear that the term "nang" isn't just localised to where I am from.

I contacted alphaware and they want $50 for a brass cracker. I bought one a few years ago from them and they were no more than $10. I'd much rather buy another brand new metal ISI soda syphon and have double hits of double nangs, that is if they were legal to consume :)

Yep, ISI all the way!

ISI brand bulbs have a higher conc. of n2o in them, so they are a better bang for your buck and are also of a better quality gas, the whippet bulbs also have other crap from the gas lines in them too that the ISI dont..

Plus its not uncommon for them to accidently through in a Co2 bulbs (grey vs's green) by mistake and if your under a red light or in the dark its easy to not see the color... I can tell you from 1st hand experinace that sucking Co2 hurts! and is very uncomfortable.. LOL

Those crackers are quite easy to make, my mate in Melb is a fitter and turner and used to make them for us.

Jst need 2 threaded end caps of stainless cut at the correct length, tap one end so that the rounded end fits in snugly then solder a pin on the insided of the other end and drill 2 holes either side of it...

There are other mod's you can make so the ballon fits on eaiser but it takes more skill and more equipment.

One thing you have to be careful of though, are metal shavings that get pushed into the ballon, ythey can get pushed into your lungs.. same goes for bulb-machines but wiht bulb machines you also have to worry about ice shards and freezing your lungs/tongue/throat/teeth..,

Wow I have never heard of CO2 cartridges getting mixed in with N20. That is scary. Definitely never happend with ISI.

Anyone else love the picture on the side of the ISI boxes of the person having an audial hallucination? I want to put that on a T-Shirt one day.

Edited by Self Abuser

Anyone else love the picture on the side of the ISI boxes of the person having an audial hallucination? I want to put that on a T-Shirt one day.

Untitled-1.jpg

LOL, I think that's supposed to be a boy and a girl, ie KIDS (as in 'keep away from')

The brand of bulbs I used to buy had a few different translations of the contents on the box.

One of them read 'slagroom capsules' - not quite sure what it meant but it did seem approriate :drool:

slagroom, schlagrahm, schlagsahne all translate literally to 'whipped cream'.