The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Smiling Cloud

How long till Ololiuqui will set seed?

see topic. Also if anyone can point me in the direction of some more information about this plant that'd be great.

I am quite interested in this too - I understand that ololiuqui is the mexican name for morning glory - I have looked at the 'pods' that form after the flower dies and I can't work out where the seeds are.

Does anyone know how to get the seeds, because the plant is everywhere and I'm in a desert entheogenically at the moment.

Guest Mesqualero
Does anyone know how to get the seeds, because the plant is everywhere and I'm in a desert entheogenically at the moment.[/b]

If you are talking about the wild morning glory purple/lilac coloured flowers (the ones you see near the rail lines) I don't think they will do anything for you.. plus if you eat a couple of hundred of seeds you might find yourself poisoned from the pesticide they spray on them in some places..

then again if u have the real deal growing let me know and ill come show you where the seeds are biggrin.gif but yeah I doubt they are the ones you want... I asked this question a while ago hehe

Guest reville

I think they are referring to Rivea corymbosa

and i too am interested in seeding times as i have several sources growing but still <1 year old.

Guest Mesqualero
Originally posted by reville:

I think they are referring to Rivea corymbosa

In elfspice's post I got the impression that he/she was referring to just any Morning Glory.. from this statement

"I understand that ololiuqui is the mexican name for morning glory "

Ololiuqui was the name referred to Hallucinogernic seeds of members of the Convolvulacea family some of which are lumped with the generic name Morning Glory, but generally it is Rivea Corymbosa yes.

and also

Does anyone know how to get the seeds, because the plant is everywhere

I wasn't aware that Rivea Corymbosa was everywhere in the Brisbane region so I was assuming the that elfspice was referring to the wild/pest morning glory which literally IS everywhere around brisbane....

Sorry for being pedantic.

Hell, I'd be happy if mine would just bloom! My plant is over a year old, and while its a pretty full vine, I've had no flowers.