The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bloodbob

Queensland law and the SUSDP

Okay folks the last version of the

"HEALTH (DRUGS AND POISONS) REGULATION 1996" ( march 2002 I believe )

is here http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN...r_PoR96_04F.pdf

basicly what ever is in the SUSDP is illegal ( within the rules e.g. pharamists can sell some stuff ect ) the only thing of interest is some of the belladonna/datrua/duboisia plants and related substance in which under lower concentrations are only a schedule 2 substance.

Well, that is a very detailed act. I like it that way, cos it doesn't leave anything open to the imagination. It sucks in many ways, but having it so clearly defined also makes it easier to challenge unfair laws.

Anyway, page 225 of this act states clearly that the word 'standard' refers to the SUSDP, and thus any substance referred to as being scheduled under the standard is scheduled as per the SUSDP. This means salvia is DEFINITELY S9 in Qld!!!! It also means that in future there is no need to check the Qld state legislation, as it concurs fully with the federal schedules. Keep an eye on the SUSDP and you know where you're at.

However, as far as I can see, this also means that the analogs clause in the SUSDP is enacted in the Qld state legislation, as the SUSDP defines any substance in the analogs clause as belonging into the schedule of the parent drug. bad news for all those who thought that QLD didn't have an analogs act frown.gif