The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ave

Catha edulis tea

Originally posted by WarpedAstro:

I believe it's legal to grow Khat, but using Khat is illegal, get it??

no ???

I read this on the TGA site, it's illegal in SA, but is it illegal in any other states?

"The importation of khat by individuals is permitted for personal use only, of up to 5.0 kg in any month. State or Territory Health legislation may apply and you should check if there are any restrictions. Khat is considered to be a Schedule 9 substance in South Australia and possession is illegal."

Originally posted by Torsten:

germany went really bad in regards to ethnobotanicals. One would have expected a green-left government to be a little more rational and liberal, but things got drastically worse under them.

How can that be? First it was the alcoholic nazis trying their best to stamp out cannabis, now cannabis is just about accepted, it's the alcoholic-cannabis nazis banning everyting else...weird...it's Orwell's animal farm all over again:

Kick out the faschists, and then the revolutionaries turn faschist themselves...

remember some old wives' tales my daughters told me( on the phone) about that bloke who took some woodrose seeds and "never came down"...what crap...

Does someone have a link to the current State or Territory Health legislations for NSW/QLD that cover this? I cant find anything Using TFSE...

quote:

"The importation of khat by individuals is permitted for personal use only, of up to 5.0 kg in any month. State or Territory Health legislation may apply"

I assume there would only be allowances for religious/ethnic ground

yes it seems that ethnic chewers are allowed to use qat, i once by chance saw it on tv, and the importers did there homework proper so it seems,

police, customs and an other authoriety are all involved. i got those persons names somewhere written down...

if you store them in the fridge, than they last longer. yes, fresh is as often the best.

i managed to sprout 1-2 year old and not proper stored seeds, but germ rates drop to 10%.

plant them wing facing up.

[ 28. April 2005, 05:34: Message edited by: planthelper ]