The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Cyjack

Wanted - Heating Mats

Can someone suggest a good place to purchase heating mats in Aus? Thanks -

i bought mine from New Gippsland Bulbs in Victoria. It works a treat. I'm growing vanilla planifolia in it right now so i replaced the normal-sized plastic top with a Home Made (or rather "Homer"-made, if you ever see it!!) top that is about 4 feet high to allow for climbing of the vine.

also the bottom heat is good for striking some cuttings, i.e. to give underground bit energy & and encourage root growth while keeping the aboveground stem relatively cool.

Also probably somewhere like www.hydroshop.com.au might have em - check em out, something like:

http://www.hydroshop.com.au/Products/Stock...asp?stockNo=276

your local hydroshop will have them. They start at around $30. For a good one with a thermostat control expect to pay $110+.

Wow - they arent as cheap as I first imagined...

Thanks for the link! :)

Try http://www.herpshop.com.au/

They sell heat mats by length, U wire them up yourself in thelegth you want! They are 1mm thick, really flexable and come in a range of wattages, With postage and a thermostat the cheapest would be about $70 -$80

Maybe a cheaper alternative!

I guess these might work just as well - but from the reading, I think they are meant to keep animals (reptiles) warm.. It is good to see a cheaper price though - thanks!

yeah but how hot do you want to get it. These easily go up to 40 deg C. The reason you need a thermostat is so it soesn't go too high! Cold should not be an issue with these. They are also really thin, can be cut to the exact size and should work great. IMO.

Found this at the local hidden hydroponics shop -

Heatingmat.jpg

Without a thermostat - normally $36 - got it for $30. Happy camper once more - thanks all. :D