• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Arsea

Arsea

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Everything, and anything. Love growing things, currently studying horticulture to widen my understanding of all plants.
  • Climate or location:Darling Downs

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

So ive just gone and bough a hydro setup, very cheap and second hand it was.

The thing is i do not what to grow with it, as i do not want to grow cannabis as it doesn't do anything for me and is illegal.
I bough it as a impulse thing and now dont know what to do with it.
I though about growing aya type plants but do not want to disrespect my fellow friends.

At a lost as to what to do with my setup. Yep i can grow veg buts it prob better just to buy that in the shops.

So my question is what would you grow hydroponically in the most sacred and sensible manner?

Arsea.
all that is, all that will be. all that was, is forever in you.

#2 Arsea

Arsea

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Everything, and anything. Love growing things, currently studying horticulture to widen my understanding of all plants.

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Bump

#3 Chef's Foreskin

Chef's Foreskin

can't post, but can PM

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:Cacti, Cacti and Cacti, Bush Doof's, Fishing, Self Sufficiency, Water Sports, Trail Bikes
  • Climate or location:Far North Coast

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

What sort of lighting did it come with?

The grow cab is your oyster mate :) Just think of thing's that you are too impatient to wait for normally. I dunno :scratchhead:
Maybe use it as a place where you can start off ya seedling's of your aya plants or other ethno's and then just move them outside, just think in less then a year you will have too many plant's to play with!
RF
Today's student can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains, If they can conceive it and believe it, They can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude.

#4 Chef's Foreskin

Chef's Foreskin

can't post, but can PM

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:Cacti, Cacti and Cacti, Bush Doof's, Fishing, Self Sufficiency, Water Sports, Trail Bikes

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Got Pic's?
Today's student can put dope in their veins or hope in their brains, If they can conceive it and believe it, They can achieve it. They must know it is not their aptitude but their attitude that will determine their altitude.

#5 Arsea

Arsea

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

400w hps grow light.
1m by 1m by 1m.
Drain and flow style.
Thinking of adding 130w 6500k for veg growth as i heard just hps make very etiolated plants.

Would starts my aya plants but everything kept's telling me you have sun be patient my friend.

Thinking i should just try growing the smokeable stuff like dream herb or skull cap just for the hobby aspect.

Arsea

Edited by Arsea, 14 April 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#6 Arsea

Arsea

Psychonaut

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Would add pic's just lol as usual my camera doesnt work.

Arsea

#7 Jonstn

Jonstn

Shaman's Apprentice

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Climate or location:Dry

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Grow and breed chilli, or do some cacti hydro experiments are the 2 things I'd do :)

#8 space cadet swami

space cadet swami

You, are perfect.

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:the union of all dualistic aspects...
  • Climate or location:Nth Oz ... Zone 10

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Maybe use it as a place where you can start off ya seedling's

great controlled environment...

Edited by space cadet 101, 14 April 2012 - 08:56 PM.

"We are spirits, in the material world" - Sting.

#9 glimpse

glimpse

los telf

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Climate or location:zone 2

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

I was just watching vids on youtube about aquaponics have you considered giving this a go, apparently it uses less water and benifits the fish and the plants...as for what to grow i dont think you can ever have enough chilli's but i would love to see how a p.viridis would go under lights

#10 Chef's Foreskin

Chef's Foreskin

can't post, but can PM

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

lol EatingSand, awsome.