The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thelema

noticeable qualitative differences in shrooming

Guest Thelema

hi people, i was just wondering, amongst all the psylocybes is there any substantial QUALITATIVE trip-differences between species, or are they all pretty much the same,(given varying strengths)?

Guest reville

Just between P subaeruginosa and P cubensis

Cubensis is weaker by weight but is far more visual especially when fresh. They also sem more "friendly"

However others swear by the Subaeruginosa type.I think its dependent on the person

As for intraspecies variation

Well i know two guys who always hang out together, like two peas in a pod,One is the scientist and is highly sceptical of this, the other fancies himself a bit of a shaman and tend to employ intuition above fact and says hell yes.

This is what the latter has to say:

"The experiences from the EB strain, B plus and the Thai types are all qualitatively different.

The native ones brought on closed eye imagery of paddocks bordering rainforest and OEV's of giant snakes by the fire circle,Aboriginal/Papuan faces in the forest and other elements completely alien to me- this was my first time in this area

The B plus were beautifully mellow, quite happy and had a distinctly indian (subcontinent) feel to it , I dont know where they came from.

The Thais were electric and i definitely got that jungle feel - straight after i had an irresistable dsire for a chicken ginger/galanga fresh wild greens stirfry

In stage one the visuals were electric, of high resolution and very detailed rainbow and gold with a tiered pagoda type character that reminded me of the architecture at places like angkor wat."

mmm interesting...

Back to the scientist chap

"Despite the strength of suspicion that there is a difference one cant overestimate the power of suggestion. Youd need a blind study. That said science should proceed by the facts not prior prejudices, else we'd still think the world was flat"

well thats a nice balanced opinion i thought.I guess thats why i hang around these guys.

[This message has been edited by reville (edited 13 August 2002).]

Guest Thelema

ACTUALLY, thats pretty interesting. Maybe a double-blind experiment should be done.It would be easy enough to do.

We should research this further.

Thelema, I've wondered the exact same thing myself.

Bluemeanie had some really interesting comments on the diff. between p.subaeruginosa & p.australiana, with the latter being described as more 'nasty'-for some reason. long term explorers experienced feelings of anxiety & fear only associated with the ingestion of australiana.

I also feel that they maybe differences within the one species, depending on the environment they were found in ie; a city park, pollution levels, rural areas. and also surrounding plants which may provide diff. types of nutrient levels for the shrooms.

For example, one prolific patch i found, grew in a ring shape directly under a small acacia wink.gif-could it be possible that this mycellium was absorbing alkaloids from the acacia-resulting in very potent flushes? or from a more ethereal view point, one could wonder whether the psilocybes were in resonance with the acacia, both being part of the tryptamine family-and therefore producing a 'powerful' strain?

I remember reading a gro-tek on using Desmanthus Illinoesis rootbark to boost the tryptamine levels in a substrate for p.cubensis cultiv. As far as i know, this tek worked, resulting in very potent shrms.

sorry for diverting a little from the original topic!

Guest Mesqualero

I have a wonderful statuette of Elvis in his vegas days which talks to me... Elvis says " From my experience Dung loving mushrooms seem 'heavier' more earthbound, whilst woodlovers seem 'lighter'"

Thats all Elvis can remember at the moment...more might come later

Id agree Reville in that Cubies at high dosages (4.5 grams and above) provide profoundly visual experiences - however after consuming around thirty fresh specimens of the umbonated Subaeruginosa variant (Australiana) Id have to say that at strong doses these are also extremely visuals mushrooms - but by the time you are experiencing visuals you are sooooooooooo very mentally unwell that you cant really even tell what is and isnt visual - what is up or down, etc...

My favourite mushrooms are copelandia cyanescens as they are visual AND give the pleasant euphoric experiences often provided by Subaeruginosa (wavy-capped mushroom)

I notice differences between spore-races of cubies, but some people would dissagree with me...

Guest Thelema

is there any consensus as to what type of shroom elevates one to "mystical awareness" better than another?

or if not shrooms, i would like to hear of peoples opinion of the mystical value of cactus v shroom. ie. things that cactus gives that shroom doesnt, and vice versa.

I think personally that mushrooms often tend to give you the feeling that there is something profound there - and you can sometimes see it, but that your not aloud to participate - quite unlike Cid, which certainly allows you to participate.

This is not always true.

They have always said around the mushroom vendors that the Mazatapec cubensis was 'reknowned for its spiritual connections.' Ive tried these many times and they are pretty low potency for cubensis - and im sure because i was expecting a spiritual experience, i got one, but they seemed much more spiritual, less hyper. It was like sitting around being at one with the garden planst and my cat - nicew experience.

Guest Thelema

has anyone tried cact. with aya?

id love to know

Guest reville

A proper journey with shrooms always reminds me of that painting by alex grey called 'Wonder' http://www.alexgrey.com/posters.html

let me know if you agree. Its hard to seit online but if you saw his book youd get a better apprecaition

Excellent pictures. "Wonder" definitely reminds me of more recent experiences, but "oversoul" is the one that brings back memory's i'd forgotten i had.

As for trip quality the setting is very important also. The bush is the best place i've found. The city seems to me to be thick with peoples misconceived, and somewhat twisted personal reality's. An example would be trying to talk to someone across a table in a night club. Compared to talking to them in a quite park. Visionary experiences are much less polluted and twisted.

• Like 1