The Corroboree
TheMooseZeus

DMT Keeps Cells Alive When Oxygen Levels Are Low

In tomorrow's news they'll remind us that cannabis is good for cancer because it helps cells die but since DMT keeps them alive it's essentially cancer in drug form.  The day after they'll advertise cures for both and act like the previous stories where chinese whisper like hearsay.

Why can't people just advertise drugs as is?

Shrooms, you'll see some shit

Opiates, you're gonna be ill and couchlocked like a motherfucker but more than ok with things

Mescaline, remember homer when he ate that insane chili on the simpsons?

cannabis, you're gonna giggle and get hungry.

Honestly prohibition has made drugs appealing by taking the boringness away from them.

• Like 1

Its not about advertising its about research into actions and possible applications etc.

All those things you listed are so much more than what you have stated, so very much more, one very basic eg is opiates and its ability and application to provide pain relief. 

I doubt prohibition has very much to do with a substances appeal, look at alcohol and tobacco, both are legal but also widely used.  

Are you saying those things you listed are boring without prohibition ? surely not 

• Like 2

Obviously there's an infinite rabbit hole you can do down with any drug but when was the last time you felt a rush getting your hands on alcohol? For me it was when I was under 18 but since then it's never been the same.  Don't get me wrong, I'm currently nursing a wicked hangover as I type this so there's still appeal but there's nothing special, secretive or taboo about it.  It's just alcohol and I know it will ruin my balance, make me puke and eventually destroy my liver if I abuse it too much.  Now that it's legal and that knowledge is freely given to all it's boring by comparison to when I was a kid and I think the same holds true for any prohibited drug or things like guns too because you pull one out in Australia people will lose their minds but do the same in America (obviously in a non threatening manner) where they've been normalized and if anyone were to give a shit it would be because they want to see how it works, the build quality, etc.  which makes it boring compared to the excitement such an even would cause here.

Knowledge and normalization will never take away the appeal but they definitely take away the secretiveness, taboo feelings and everything else like willful ignorance for fear of being caught with illicit knowledge that prohibition brings to the table.  It inevitably leads to a harm minimization approach where we all know the basics, our limits, when help is needed, etc. and that's boring compared to all the risks taken during prohibition.  It doesn't lessen the appeal but it definitely zaps a lot of the fun out of it.

Sounds like a kids approach to  "drugs" and firearms 

• Like 1

if you’re doing drugs for the thrill of doing something illegal I think you’re doing them for the wrong reasons

• Like 2