The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
zelly

Philocacti Appreciation thread

As many of you know Philocacti has been a well respected contributing member here at sab for many many years, as well as being active in other forums such as the nook and the long defunct entheogen dot com.  I cant imagine there's too many collector / growers in his neck of the woods which makes sourcing plants even more difficult.  Not to mention his growing situation, having to haul water up flights of stairs to his roof top garden....

I've known philocacti a good number of years & have always appreciated his knowledgeable input, not to mention he's a helluva giving person & a man true to his word.  After awhile I began to notice he was missing from the forum and wasn't answering my pm's.  I mentioned it to other people & they too were wondering what became of philocacti. Adding to the concern was his country was undergoing some drastic changes in government.

A few yrs ago he had mailed me some of his trich cuts & a few other goodies.....they arrived in a tupperware container with holes drilled in it for ventilation, which i thought was pretty damn awesome.  Thank gawd I had saved it for some odd reason, on it was his mailing address; so I airmailed him a letter.

A month or so passes by & then one day I got an email from philocacti.  He's had some life changes that sort of knocked the wind out of his sails, but even at that I could tell the spirit was still alive & well within him.  I know he would never ask for it himself, but the man really could use our support.

A breath of fresh air to fill his sails once more is all I'm asking for.  I know I'm not the only one who loves this guy, surely there's others here who will have no problem expressing their love & appreciation for Philocacti

No,I'm not going to give you his email address, you can write him a letter right here in this thread.

• Like 3

Dear philocacti,

with my following words I would like to express my support and inspiration. I would like to say thank you. I joined this forum after one year reading all the topics about trichos and you were amongst the ones who inspired me gave me faith and confidence.

I grew up a cacti collection from zero, no cactus, no knowledge and no practice. You and your knowledge, pictures of your cactis on the rooftop are now with me and helped me keep the focus and clarity. Last year I received a clone from slice, named zeuss and he is now in the ground. Very proud of that.

If I can support you in a way, please pm me.

A big hug from 

Pedropark

Hey Philo, been thinking about you quite a lot recently after you stopped responding and I am seriously relieved to hear you are alive, even though you seem to have a lot of stuff going on with the situation in your country. If there´s anything we can do to help, please let us know. We´re all more than happy to send positive energy and do whatever we can to help out a friend. For example, if you ever need seeds to get into the cactus growing again just let us know and we´ll hook you up. You know, I´ve had quite my share of bad periods in my life and if there´s anything I learned from that it´s that it´s not permanent and that there are loads up good times ahead if you stay positive. Life is all up and down and everything is a whole lot easier when you have friends that you can count on. So yeah, would love to see you around every now and then, and also feel free to message me at [email protected] if there´s anything I can do. All the best! Bye Patrick 

• Like 1