The Corroboree
whisperz

Lophophora Jourdaniana (Extremely RARE) $No Longer for sale

power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely...

Go on ban me...

lost the cheapest and most quality loph seller here...

whisperz,...

why be cocky?

Im not banning you. But im not letting you post derogative comments about me either. Thats the line im drawing and if you wanna cross it again, i give you time to think. I was friendly and polite and i expect the same from you. I edit all my posts all the fucking time and i do it because i have more spelling errors than others. You may think i´m a "simpleton" but i am clearly not. And now, this discussion is over for me. So dont give me a reason and you can do whatever you want.

yah, unilateral...

Can't take it, as much as you give it...

SAB has degenerated... all because I offered a rare form of jourd... people question it,...

I'll just sell these through the australian cacti societies... better class of people...

whisperz,...

• Like 1

why shouldn't people ask a few simple questions if they're considering spending nearly $1000 for something?

is it disturbing to you if i ask why you are coming across as such a huge tool?

• Like 3

you guys are sad... my business has gone elsewhere... you all seemed to over look the jourdaniana for what it is, and what it's worth...

you'll never see this loph again... ever,... pitiful...

and $800 for it.. too much in AU ?... for people who love lophs, don't know a gift when they see one... all you did was critize it's authenticity...

considering you all didn't see the orignal post by EG... before he softened it up...

you guys are just plain sad...

$800 for it may be a good price but it doesn't detract from the fact that it's a lot of money, an investment even.

not that i was gonna buy it, no money, sad to see you'll stop selling your other lophs though

seems you're punishing everyone for something a minority did, figured this community would be more intouch with how that feels but whateverrrrrrrrr

Edited by Distracted
  • Like 2

Now your trying to pin this on me for asking friendly questions? I was not weaking anything up, just asking questions out of curiosity. My posts are there, everyone can read for himself. I was sincerely interested in finding out more about the cactus and was asking questions. I thought it was odd you didnt post a flower pic and wanted to find out more considering thats a huge investment. If you have problems with people questioning ID´s when theres no flower pic, your in the wrong genre. Thats just the way it is and no sane grower would spend so much money if he´s not sure about the ID.

It has similarities to a loph and it could be a loph hybrid but they are very rare, not easy to cross and as you are not the one who crossed it, i just have my doubts. There are many loph lookalikes that are being sold as Lophs and it wouldnt be the first time that people are wrong about a clone. Its not my fault you cant live with a litle bit critique. bye Eg

I see you ignored kadas's link to this particular loph, that I posted earlier?

EG, suck it up... the link was there...

but the link still dosent prove anything about the plant you are trying to sell? everything everyone is/has asked seems pretty legit to me?

so i dont edit and upset you, just seems like you are getting defensive when possible buyers are asking questions of plants they may consider to buy from you??

I´ve seen the link. And you know what: Plant looks like a Matucana Polzii for example. Ever heard of that name? Or another rather spinless Matucana Hybrid. Thats why i would like to see more flower pics. The flower pic on Kadas site does not show the whole flower when opened. Not saying its not a Loph, just saying that you dont know for sure either.

am I certified botanist with a heritage paper trail full of authenticity at each step... yah right...

Well, i can only tell you what i see and It looks like a Matucana to me. It may even be a hybrid between a Lophophora and a matucana. I dont even question that possibility and i would be thrilled to learn more about it and where it came from. My questions were out of genuine interest because i do that kind of intergeneric breeding for a long time now and i know whats possible and what not. I would be the last to call intergeneric Loph Hybrids impossible because i know thats not true but thats a whole lot of money and i just think it would be appropriate to treat people that have concerns with a little bit of respect.

Edited by Evil Genius

Let's put a hypothetical question to you... I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say about this 'theory'...

Is it possible to produce viable seed & seedlings from a cross between a fricii mother and a common variety of jourd?...

in a well established and controlled experiment?

respect is earned, not a given...

i think whisperz needs to eat some lophs and deal with some personally issues, self proclamation and becoming defensive very quickly for instance...

if you say you get lots of money for your cacti and are a botanist, im sure you'd be no novice to a bit of conversation? thats all this place is dude, take a chill pill..

d00d

• Like 1

sigh,... who ever said I was a botanist?... I know I didn't...

and yes, I get lot's of moolah from selling my lophs... I even sold 4 lophs here tonight... another bag of money... as to a bit of conversation...

well, not when people attack my passion relating to jourdanianas... and their authenticity... being pedantic beyond the skills of a private

collector and cultivator, is just not my worth the effort... sorry, but no, not sorry really... I sell lophs for a living, it's my interest...

as to eating lophs, that's just plain stupid... and me defensive?... nope...

I dont need to earn your respect. And whats do you want to proove with that question anyway? Fricii is usually self-Sterile and Jourdaniana is said to be sterile but it actually isnt. You have to raise the plants from seed to gain fertile pollen. Köhres never had a success with hybridisating Jourdaniana clones but that doesnt mean its not possible to get fertile pollen from seed. I heard from people who successfully crossed with Jourdaniana and produced viable seed. Few but it still worked.

im with the d00d here chill out fuck.. this is a social forum not something u try and make a profit from..

sighs,

I'm done here...

Zelly, hope those jourds get here :)

Will be lovely to get those to add to my current collection of 4 jourd varieties...

Pity AU will be desolute to jourds for a much longer time...

Oh, and EG,... what a pity about that theoretical question... I wonder what I have growing? hehehehe... lol...

Only took me 6 years of experimentation... and walla!!...

bye bye SAB ... no more lophs for you guys... hehehehe...

regards,

whisperz,...

Wouldn't it make more sense to just not sell to EG?

Why would you punish the rest of the people at SAB?