The Corroboree
ballzac

Help me with tattoo design :)

Ewwww. I was actually a little worried about things like that with white. I remember a lot of tattoos I've seen where the white barely shows up and fades really quickly, but a lot of recent ones I've seen looked pretty good. I thought maybe the ink they use had changed in the past few years or something??? Though I can't imagine that would help at all to prevent blood giving it a pink colour. Thanks for the advice, that's definitely something to reconsider.

I wouldn't worry about the white ink to much as long as its only really used for highlights and not any solid colour and if you do use white then whenever its exposed to the sun ensure you wear suncream :)

adasd

Edited by Teljkon

Thanks for you input. I reckon the purple throughout it as a theme is a great idea. Exactly the sort of thing that will help tie them together.

dfghdfg

Edited by Teljkon

Haven't worked on the design again yet. I'm not in any hurry to get the design finished though because I think it'll be a few months before I can get clearance from the ministress for finance to actually pay for the tat.

I'm also not sure where I'm gonna get it done. Apparently one of the best artists in Victoria is just down the street from me. Every boxing day they take bookings for the following year, and people line up for hours to get a booking. I don't know if I've got the stamina for it and it's also a tricky time of the year to fit something like that in. But at the same time, it would be a shame to go somewhere else that might be shit if there is such a good artist close by.

ghjfhgh

Edited by Teljkon

my opinion is you need to match the artist to the design, if i wanted a roger dean style dragon or landscape or something i would go to one of the artists really skilled at that style of work but some artists can work with less information far better and get a more expressive from less information than some of the more 'artsy' tattooists. you seem like you want a solid piece, so i would float your idea around a few places and hear what they have to say, a simple conversation with them will let you know a lot about their talent and willingness to get the best out of your skin.

i have to say, though, art is also subjective. i myself am a big fan of basquiat and similar artists so i have done a lot of my tattoos with my own hand (in a sterile manner and with some difficulty) to represent the self done/taught minimilast feel of that sort of of art. choose where to get yours done with your heart, so to speak.

Thanks for the advice. I think the most important thing for me with a tattoo is that it looks bold and almost 3-dimensional. I see a lot of tattoos that look really flat, like cardboard cutouts, and they tend to sort of look cartoony, like they were drawn in crayon or something.

Here are a couple of examples of work by the guy near me:

Img82941_DAMIAN.jpg

Img167329_PB043212.jpg