The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Darklight

EB2 Tissue culture presentation online

At last. Well, I think at last, lets see if the URL works wink.gif

http://www.shaman-australis.com/~pic/Darkl...0SAB%20site.ZIP

EB2 TC SABsite.ZIP is the name of the file. It's aboot 0.5MB zipped and not a helluva lot larger unzipped. But you'll need either Powerpoint to view it, or the power point viewer, the free version, available from shareware.com or znet

etc.

Anyone has any problems with it, let me know smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 01 May 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Torsten (edited 01 May 2002).]

[ 13. June 2004, 23:23: Message edited by: Darklight ]

I think I did it...I think I did it, thanx Torsten smile.gif

Nope, you fixed it..thanx mate smile.gif

OK I uploaded the TC file again, it was lost in a server crash aages ago

There is one glaring inaccuracy- when deciding whether TC is suitable for new species I am assuming the operator has experience in basic TC tek. If not, just go with any ole species there is a published protocol for, and you have stacks of plant material you can happily lose. Practics under such conditions is invaluable and very necessary

There may be other glaring inaccuracies there, feel free to point them out

There's a whole pile of my blah blah notes missing from that file, its just a slide show. What I was trying to convey in the notes is where the research and the work comes in, rather than the complexity of tasks involved. If there is sufficient demand I might get around to writing up all the blahblah notes and incorporating them into the ppt file

Basic TC theory is pretty easy compared to most other fields of science. What you spend almost all of your time doing is fine tuning both your media formulations and your technique. Oh, and washing jars. I think it was Jasper who said " If you want to totally endear yourself to a TC researcher, offer to wash a whole pile of dirty culture vessels " :)

Ah yeah- two other errors in that file- my email addy has changed and is avail in my profile, and the subscription info for the TC mailing list has changed, so use google to find it. This puter doesn't have PowerPoint on it so I can't edit the file to reflect those changes

Once you have your tc technique down to a point where you are confident with your sterilisation rates and have had success with one or two published protocols, the TC mailing list is a great place to be for research on species where no papers can be found, or for problems with process ( home made vented lids which have a high contam rate, advice on lighting requirements for individual species ). They also have an archives site with an entirely useful search function for thos not needing the list fulltime. And a diverse bunch of friendly helpful ppl they are too :)