The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
alien

Marijuana Seeds

They are illegal under several acts and schedules in NSW. They are an illegal import into the country (all states). Not sure what the legal situation would be in Canberra or South Australia, where pot is decriminalised, but I presume that seeds would still be illegal to sell. I have a friend in SA looking into this. As NSW will probably not decriminalise for a little while yet, we will not be selling them until the time we can do so without major legal hassles. We will however gladly point people in the SA direction if it turns out that they can be sold in that state.

Guest MICHAEL

Hi Torsten -

what do you mean by decriminalised?

Guest MICHAEL

i.e. what are the implications of decriminalisation for people in s.a. and canberra?

thanks

Decriminalised means that it is no longer a criminal offence, but rather a civil offence. You will not get a criminal record from any offence and the usual way of dealing with such matters is an on the spot fine.

People in SA and ACT can grow a certain number of plants, and if they get busted all they get is a ticket and a fine of a few hundred dollars. If they get caught smoking, then the same applies. This law gets around the 'single convention' (international law governing the prohibition of certain drugs), while making it pretty easy for the citizens of these states. It also allows the police muhc gtreater powers of discretion, ie if they don't feel like it they don't have to give you a ticket. In NSW we now have a law giving the police powers of discretion over possession of bongs. The police have better things to do than to investigate every 'Orchy' bottle wink.gif

basically all these laws are designed to keep people out of jail and to keep their records clean....while not fully giving them permission to take drugs. It's a nice middle ground, that works well for both sides and should be the intermediate aim in the war on the war on drugs.

Guest rumple

In Adelaide a place called PRO-Hydro advertises that it sells sensi seeds(Thats marijhuana seeds from the sensi seed bank in Holland)These ads run on the radio MMM(104.7?). I have been meaning to check them out. Will post a follow up when I do.

Hemp seed oil is a comon commodity as such trade in hemp seed oil is legal and as such trade of hemp seeds is legal. These seeds have been advertised here for over a year.

Whilst sensi won't post seeds to Australia many german dope shops will. I have personally bought seeds from germany which were sensi seeds (still packaged) and had them delivered in very loud envelopes (featuring a huge picture of some rastifarian fuck up smoking a joint and numerus dope leaves) - despite assurances of plain packaging. I did this several times over a year 2 years ago without consequence. I would not do it now as I believe the olympics had the side effect of upgrading customs here in Australia.

I read a whinge by customs in the paper a couple of years ago that they only had the resources to open 1% of the containers entering the country. If thats the case how much of the mail do you think they can actually check. I personally feel they live on bluff. As wel as seeds I have imported books and oils from the US without consequence.

In Adelaide a place called PRO-Hydro advertises that it sells sensi seeds(Thats marijhuana seeds from the sensi seed bank in Holland)

Nice seed, but very expensive and not the freshest.

Hemp seed oil is a comon commodity as such trade in hemp seed oil is legal and as such trade of hemp seeds is legal.

Right and wrong. Hemp seed oil is legal, but seeds are not. There are plenty of people who get busted for seeds all the time. In many countries there is a legal distinction between viable seeds and unviable ones, but not in australia as far as I know.

Whilst sensi won't post seeds to Australia

that's because they know it is illegal. I talked to the sensi guys about this a while ago and they stand firm on not sending seeds to countries where this is illegal.

many german dope shops will.

and swiss....

actually, the laws in germany keep changing (or at least their interpretation and enforcement) and when I was over there a couple of years ago there was a new crackdown on seed dealers. I have photos to proove it wink.gif In Berlin the police even managed to get hold of a computer with all the addresses one company sent seeds to in 4 years.

I have personally bought seeds from germany which were sensi seeds (still packaged) and had them delivered in very loud envelopes (featuring a huge picture of some rastifarian fuck up smoking a joint and numerus dope leaves) - despite assurances of plain packaging. I did this several times over a year 2 years ago without consequence.

You were merely lucky. Even if you are right and the sale of seeds i legal in SA, I can guarantee that the importation of seed is definitely a customs offence. Read the act wink.gif

I would not do it now as I believe the olympics had the side effect of upgrading customs here in Australia.

That applies mostly to eastern australia. Upgrading did not change the laws. The importation of seed is illegal under schdule 4 of the customs act and if you didn't get caught you were lucky. Customs checks less than 10% of all items. The smaller the item, the lower the chance of it being scrutinised. However, there is a double risk, as quarantine also checks about 10% of all parcels. This seed is also a quarantine prohibited item and would be referred to customs by quarantine for further prosecution.

I read a whinge by customs in the paper a couple of years ago that they only had the resources to open 1% of the containers entering the country. If thats the case how much of the mail do you think they can actually check. I personally feel they live on bluff.

You're right, that they live on bluff -- mostly. I have had plenty of dealings with quarantine and customs and know pretty well how to handle them. But years ago I got caught with a few minor offences and faced many thousands of dollars in fines and court costs. None of this was anywhere near as bad as importing cannabis seed and I would never want to be in that position again. It still cost me a hefty legal bill and months of stress and worry.

As wel as seeds I have imported books and oils from the US without consequence.

I can't stress enough, that luck is NOT a good enough reason to risk getting a criminal record. If you break the law you should be aware of the possible consequences rather than lulling yourself in some false security that they will catch everyone else, but not you. Importing cannabis seed is a customs drug offence and will land you a drug convition and criminal record.

Guest rumple

I would be grateful if you could supply a reference for this 'act'. Several years ago I established an import/export company trading in essential oils and fine chemicals. At the time I searched extensively for a list of what could and could not be imported. To the best of my knowledge as of 2-3 years ago the only prohibited imports were chemical and biological weapons and (very broad) the materials used to produce them.

******************I can't stress enough, that luck is NOT a good enough reason to risk getting a criminal record. If you break the law you should be aware of the possible consequences rather than lulling yourself in some false security that they will catch everyone else, but not you. Importing cannabis seed is a customs drug offence and will land you a drug convition and criminal record************

Please this is marijhuana we are talking about. If we are going to play then we are always betting on luck(or statistical liklyhood)to some extent. Anything to do with this seed is a risk to your good name. I still contest that impot of seed is low risk and a lot safer than obtaining clones from the back door of the local hydro shop (normal practice in SA).

I would be grateful if you could supply a reference for this 'act'.

It is the customs act of 1901.

the relevant publication you wouldw ant to look at is the "Customs (prohibited Imports) Regulations". Available from any federal governemtn bookshop and probably from state gov bookshops as well.

Several years ago I established an import/export company trading in essential oils and fine chemicals. At the time I searched extensively for a list of what could and could not be imported. To the best of my knowledge as of 2-3 years ago the only prohibited imports were chemical and biological weapons and (very broad) the materials used to produce them.

YOu couldn't have searched very hard ,as this is available on the net, from gov bookshops and from any customs office. The usual places to look for such things wink.gif

Weapons are covered under schedule 2 and 6. I don't know the others off the top of my head, but drugs are schedule 4. All schedules are in the same book.

Please this is marijhuana we are talking about.

I am sympathetic to the cause, but I don't like to see people being prosecuted for stupid and unneccesary things.

If we are going to play then we are always betting on luck(or statistical liklyhood)to some extent. Anything to do with this seed is a risk to your good name. I still contest that impot of seed is low risk and a lot safer than obtaining clones from the back door of the local hydro shop (normal practice in SA).

What exactly is the risk in getting backdoor clones????????

When you weigh up risks, you have to look at the worst case scenario. Getting clones at the backdoor will get you an on the spot fine in SA and ACT. No criminal record, no customs record, no drug offence that could ruin any career and international travel prospects.

however, if you import cannabis seed you may get caught. You may get prosecuted if there is enough evidence. The result can be:

1)several thousand dollars in legal costs.

2)a customs offence. If you ever break customs law again you will go to jail.

3)a criminal record / drug offence record. You cannot travel to the US for 10 years and to many other countries EVER. YOu cannot get work as a teacher, security guard and many other jobs. Any further offence even if minor may land you in jail. The police can stop and search you at any time as you are a known offender.

This is a high price to pay for a few seeds. If you decide to import seeds, at least you should be aware of the possible consequences. Customs offences are MUCH worse than similar state drug offences.

err provid a link for teh costoms act on teh net

i have looked

thanks

c-ay