The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

intense exercise/ weight lifting

Been doing lots of weight lifting recently, and have basically ceased all entheogen use. I find it interesting to note that after an intense bout of heavy weights, particularly , movements which require alot of energy and muscle such as a squat or deadlift session I am left feeling very nauseous and intoxicated. The nausea passes quickly (<5 minutes) But the intoxication remains for 20minutes ish. My eyelids are heavy I feel like I have just smoked a whole lot of opium :drool2: . On occasion I will lie down and go into a deep sleep for 30minutes or so.

What do you reckon? Have I become particularly sensitve to my bodies own painkillers? Or is this the norm,,, its a healthy way to get high :)

:bong: hope every1s well, cheers dudes

There's a concept called the runner's high.

The gist of it is that you attain a state of pure being/transendance/feel a high when certain criteria are met.

They are:

a) the pain (or baggage) you carry around in your ego i.e. the hurt you feel from certain things that dwell in the realm of ego e.g. the way you feel deep inside when you see inhumane shit that you have to accept because "it happens", or how you feel when you can't do something because it is a "social taboo", is removed from the consciousness. This pain is with you all the time and apparently hides in your subconcious, the extent of this pain is subjective to each individual.

B) Add to this emotional/mental pain the pain of physically lifting the weights. Extend this over time till you reach your pain threshold, if you have the will power to go past this point you suffer ego death and slip into a state of pure being, a place that takes the summoning of a lot of will power to get to, If you can get to this you do feel a high, sort of like natures/biology's reward system for expanding your mind/abilities/power by doing something against the advice of you're ego and physical survival systems.

The qualitative aspects of this experience are also subjective. In the mock-umentary "Pumping Iron" Big Arnie says that he has trained his will power to a point where this altered state is like an orgasm for him, for others, only they can know.

I stopped using drugs, ran and bicycled intensely to get fit. I felt rather altered for a very long time, eventually it seemed to dwindle.

I notice particularly after ingesting a lot of cannabinoids that any intense excercise the following morning can seem to trigger a definate high feeling.

I've always been unsure of it myself and curious to hear of any others experience with this and / or other drugs being latently let loos in the body.

Thanks. :)

That type of exercise uses the anaerobic system, which uses up stored energy in muscles etc, as a byproduct of the usage of this energy by the body there is lactic acid formed, which is the cause of the bout of nausea, muscle buzz, feelings of exhaustion and whatnot associated with this exercise while the body gets rid of the lactic acid and restores the lost energy.

So basically its getting high off of lactic acid

Yeh bro, Its all the endrophins your body releases, Thats why Arnie called the pump as just like cumming, When your pumped you know your rushing with endorphins. "I feel like im cummmming in the gym, Im cummming at home, Im cummming 24/7"

I also feel gym releases alot of restless energy and frees yourself up afterwards, can be very energising.

hehe Iv sat on the bench press many a time after a big session in the gym and just felt so relaxed.

A tip, Smash the gym, then jog home and jump into a spa. Ohwww so good

Edited by tepa