The Corroboree
stonewolf

I cant for the life of me see why coca tea is illegal

Its that damn UN(US) trying to push though there illigal plant plans all though the world.Iv read places it is even better for you or just as good for you as green tea.

And about the religion thing, i think most people that wrote some kind of scripture,be it buddist,hinus,christian,muslim and or jew, the original writers where i bet 99.5% of the time some kinda of user of some kind of herb or drink they had at the time,the message has just been changed by political people trying to get a foothold.

Apologies stonewolf for going off track, Just one more post.

what do u mean its frowned upon

LU 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor STRONG DRINK; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

ISA 5:11 Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow STRONG DRINK; that continue until night, till wine inflame them

PR 31:6 Give STRONG DRINK unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

PR 20:1 Wine is a mocker, STRONG DRINK is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

JUD 13:4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor STRONG DRINK, and eat not any unclean thing:

ISA 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through STRONG DRINK are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through STRONG DRINK, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through STRONG DRINK; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

LE 10:9 Do not DRINK wine nor strong DRINK, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

NU 6:3 He shall separate himself from WINE and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of WINE, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.

not good to drink if a person is a christian, You and I both know that 'wine' or 'grape juice' are mear symbols of jesus's blood.

Those quotes appear to be from the old testament. You'll remember that the old testament also forbids swine (pork, ham, bacon etc.) but Christians eat pig by the gigatonnes. I believe that the reason for this is that Jesus is believed to have said that 'it is not what goes into the mouth that is foul, but what comes out'. Therefore the old testament can be ignored for things that are eaten and drunk according to this view.

So alcohol or wine is accepted into Christian culture and the fact that it is served at churches is proof that these old testament edicts have been ignored by the men of religion. I believe even the Jews have completely ignored the restriction on wine and they consume it during their festivals and religious rituals ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_wine )

The only religion that appears to take this commandment seriously and to the letter is Islam which forbids wine absolutely.

Edited by ~username

pig by the gigatonnes Lol

If a christian took himself seriously, Then they would not induldge in alcohol, Whether they do or dont is another question.. They probally do, But they Shouldnt

I am sure there is hypocrisy in most religions, but i agree I should have been more specific by stating that christian religions are hypocritical. As a reformed catholic I have good reason to make that comment.

I'm in the same boat, also ex-catholic...

I remember "religion"-lessons at school.

We had this old priest as a religion teacher.

Hell, he shouldn't have been allowed to teach anyone.

He made us recite the damn bible.

If you wouldn't pay attention, he'd sneak up behind you and scrape his knuckles over the back of your head, very painfully, saying: "You Must pay attention!"

What an asshole.

Hope he's burning in hell now!

Tortsen I don't mean to be rude but that comment was rather close minded and inspecific. In my experience if someone finds an aspect of a religion hypocritical, they lack understanding. Religions are many and varied and sure some may be hypocritical, but to brand religion as a whole hypocritical, is close minded.

As far as alchohol and Christianity go, only excesive drinking is frownded upon in my experience. To have an alchoholic beverage is fine but to become "drunk"

is not. To become intoxicated to the point where you loose your inhibitions and do thing you normally wouldn't do, to be more precise.

I think what he ment was, in the US of A, You have a Christian country,where alcohol is drank by your Christian leader,and by 99.9 percent of the Christian population.that said, Shit,i could call myself a Christan and go fuck a donky,does that make me a bad Christan or just a fucked up person.....think about it.

:devil::crux::devil:

edit- Oh, and about coca tea, its illigal because it makes people happy, the rulers dont like happy people. it gets them too motivated to do good and happy things

Edited by Jesus On Peyote