The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MORG

The Queensland Lungfish

Here's a petition to help one of my favourite creatures.

The lung fish has probably the wisest eyes of any fish. They are very placid creatures and would probably help you if the roles were reversed.

Aside from this, they are one of the more scientifically valuable animals on the planet.

If you like lung fish, please sign it. I did.

I can't believe the government's got approval to drown these guys. It's really disgusting.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/610807318

Its only has 747 signatures, 10,000 needed.

it will only take a minute to sign it.

Not really sure they are all that endangered as I see a lungfish almost every time I go for a kayak in the Brisbane river near Fernvale.

Unless of course they are Saratoga, but I assume they are lungfish as they are very placid.

The passenger pigeon was also once the most plentiful bird in the world. Now they are extict, because we destroyed their only breeding ground. :(

There's only 130 breeding pairs of the Tasmanian sub-species of wedge-tailed eagle. U can still get a licence to shoot them in every state and teritory except N.S.W. and N.T. This I beleive also sends the message that it's O.K. to shoot them, so I doubt many farmers would even bother applying for a licence.

Where as in Other parts of the world, similar crimes against nature will ern u several hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and most likely a prison sentence!

I used to go camping on the Mary river with my sister and these fish are amazing, they will surely perish if the valley is flooded. I seen somewhere that the valley will be too shallow for a dam anyway. The fish get my vote.

i bump this topic as i have overloked it till now and think it's very important to help those living fossils.

i have spent a lot of time at the mary river and observed them on only a few occacions.

the first time i saw one i thought it's a big log floating down the river than it came up to the surface and made it's characteristic breathing sound...

i guess the lungfish will not survive with this dam.

I hope one day in the future you might be able to point one of these out to me planthelper.

Don't let these bastards go ahead. If only Steve Irwin had made a living wrestling lung-fish.

I hope one day in the future you might be able to point one of these out to me planthelper.

Don't let these bastards go ahead. If only Steve Irwin had made a living wrestling lung-fish.

Whilst I am mainly being facetious beer has inspired me to Offer

LIVE FOSSIL TOURS

$50 for a tour of upper Brisbane river.

Lung Fish sitting guaranteed or your money back.

They also fight harder and jump higher than Barra. - But far too ugly to eat.

They also fight harder and jump higher than Barra. - But far too ugly to eat.

I'm not biting.