The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Aopocetx

Sida acuta preparation?

I would appreciate it if someone could answer these questions for me.

1. How should sita acuta be prepared? Smoking the seeds? Boiling the root or leaves? How much should be used?

2. In what part of the part are the seeds found? Though I haven't examined the plants completely, a quick look and I couldn't find them. Thanks.

member apoth might know more about this as i recall him saying "smoking sida seeds"

i don't know acuta but with sidas one can't overlook the seed pods which are located at the top of the plant...

so yours proly hasn't flowered yet.

leaves can be used and rev said 10g of dry material was a standard dose, however be carefull as the active alkaloid should never be indigested in high doses.

about the roots, i seem to vaguely remeber that they are good too, if not even the strongest part.

so wait for what others have to say.

wellcome to the forums! :)

Haven't played with acuta myself.

Planthelper is right, the seedpods are impossible to miss, if your specimens have not flowered at all yet then they may be too young.

My guess is the whole plant of all Sida species is active in varying amounts, the highest concentration being the roots or seeds (maybe the seeds are higher in younger plants).

Some references state the whole plant average alkaloid content is 0.085% and seed content is 0.32% alkaloids.

Can't help with dosage information either, very variable depending on growing enviroment and plant age.

Start low and work your way up... (good advice for both smoking and tea).

If going the smoking route be careful because an ephedrine hit to the lungs can be pretty intense, especially if you don't play with stimulants often like me.

EDIT: Yeah, welcome to the forums :)

Edited by apothecary

I'll come back with my results. I have about 20g of material to play around with and more growing. I gathered a large flowered specimen and another one that's about right before flowering (I got them both before reading the replies in this thread). Thanks.

It's definitely active. Smoking the leaves produced euphoria, STRONG enhancement of colors (moreso than of MDMA, at least for me), and very weird but enjoyable hallucinations - sometimes I would see red balls on my ceiling, or an object would leave a trail that looked like another object, such as an animal. It probably took about 3g of dry leaves for the strong hallucinations. I haven't tried the root for ephedrine yet, but I didn't notice any stimulation from smoking the leaves (though my airways felt very open... pseudoephedrine?).

How did you smoke the 3g? Bong/Pipe/Joint?

A water bong made out of a 2-liter bottle. It has a nice big bowl and cools the smoke enough to where I was almost constantly taking big hits for a while. I've also tried smoking the same amount with a normal pipe though I was really looking forward to finishing by the end... it's not a very good smoke if it's not cooled.

you say at your last sentence didn't notice any stimulation from smoking the leaves, but beforhand you say the leaves had strong effects, please clear that up, i guess the last statement refered to it's root and not leaves. you contradict youreselfe....

you say at your last sentence didn't notice any stimulation from smoking the leaves, but beforhand you say the leaves had strong effects, please clear that up, i guess the last statement refered to it's root and not leaves. you contradict youreselfe....

Smoking the leaves produced euphoria, STRONG enhancement of colors (moreso than of MDMA, at least for me), and very weird but enjoyable hallucinations

I think he's saying that he experienced euphoria, colour enhancement, and hallucinations, but no 'stimulation', as in the kind of speedy effect expected from ephedrine.

right, but somehow i would find halus and euphoria stimulating...

right, but somehow i would find halus and euphoria stimulating...

Well opiates give the best euphoria, and they're not stimulating. Somehow I don't think you know what "stimulating" means.

just because i get something wrong it doesn't mean you have to judge me!

i can't agree what you say about opiates, but proly you think of sexual stimulation and nothing else.

opiates giving the best euphoria? no way, try more drugs till you experience a +4!

Edited by planthelper

i can't agree what you say about opiates, but proly you think of sexual stimulation and nothing else.

opiates giving the best euphoria? no way, try more drugs till you experience a +4!

Sexual stimulation? Is that before or after the opiate renders you unable to get it up?

Ofcourse you can feel strong euphoria on a +4 trip. If God just told you that you have nothing to worry about, ofcourse you're going to feel euphoria (a feeling of well-being or content). But if you just shot up heroin, Satan himself could be telling you you're gonna burn in hell and I'm sure you wouldn't care.