The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ferrari

Where to find mushrooms for photography.(Took some pics in my garden please ID)

I would like to go mushroom hunting (For legal species) In sa and take some photographs for referance and i just think it would be somthing fun to do.

Does anyone know of any areas or parklands?

Thanks in advance.

Ferrari.

Edited by Ferrari

Found some mushrooms in my garden soz about the shitty pic was taken with camera phone :(

Anyone got an Id on this ,its very small about half the size of your average pinky finger and its quite yellow/golden.

Second pic is a white mushroom all round. medium/skinny stem with a largish top.

P.S. this is my first attempt at mycology and its realy fun :)

On further inspection the first mushroom pictured has Lines coming down its stalk and has a wrinkly top they seem to dislodge from the ground easly and dont grow in bunches.

will see if i can get some more info in the day and get some better piccys!

post-1249-1140871658_thumb.jpg

post-1249-1140871945_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ferrari

Hey Mate,

Its great that youre out and about getting into the hunting spirit of things, tis good fun for sure. Strangely enough, the more you hunt, the more addictive it becomes. I recommend going camping for a while, obviously in a nice location, so as to 'hunt'. Making the research an objective of the holiday gives purpose to the whole trip; much more exciting than a usual holiday :)

Youre photos are very small, blurry and painfully out of focus. Sorry to be so blunt, but re. Mycology you need a relatively high res image to even attempt a half decent analysis of a species. Keep in mind that even when a species type is suggested through careful analysis, the ID may still wrong given that there are many look-alikes in the highly diverse word of the fungus in Australia. The only real way to ID a shroom is through spore print/analysis techniques.

Good luck, and excuse my ramblings.

Tired,

Crix.