The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Qhorakuna tantani

Miracle Berry

chokos are definately much faster and easier and more per space to produce than apples.

i would say one apple is worth 5 or 10 chokos!!

chokos grow like a weed man,

in fact many ozzies believe they are,

don't be fooled by the astronomical prizes of the choko at the supermarket, a single vine will produce an abundance of fruits within a short periode of time.

one of the first things i planted in my new garden was a choko!

another advantage of choko is that you can pick them and cook at any growth stage, meaning you allways have something to eat.

in south america, the home of sechinum edulis people even make salad with them!!

for this you have to prepare them simiarl like green pawpaw (carica spp, not the u.s.a. pawpaw).

peel and slice thinly sprikle with abundance of salt, let rest for extended periode, discharge salt watery solution, add dressing, now ready to eat.

yummy!

said to be very cleansing.

choko rocks!

:)

the dried stem of the vine get's used as fibre!

[ 30. April 2005, 08:29: Message edited by: planthelper ]

In a first year vet lecture we were told maccas burgers were post 3rd lactation dairy cows, we also export the same meat to america for burgers, Hence 'export quality beef'. For interests sake european maccas burgers are produced from holstien fresian cows ( run of the mill dairy breed) in Turkey. In turkey an animal does not die of foot and mouth or perhaps BSE unless it is reported at the feedlot, once its at the abitior its butchered even if it was transported dead from the feed lot.

But that was 2 years ago, Turkey might have improved there standards by now .

Veal on the other hand is majority male dairy calves, boys dont lactate you see.

I apologise for this not being about plants.