The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Qhorakuna tantani

Psychedelic healing

These are just thoughts I had the other day that I thought I might share :)

Most people would say that psychedelics can be used as either recreational drugs, or as a type of medicine to help one with things they need to resolve or discover. I was thinking though, maybe they can be used as preventive medicine as well. Just as a certain lifestyle or getting inoculations to a certain disease can help prevent physical problems, maybe sensible psychedelic use can help to prevent certain mental health issues and to simply reinforce a good state of mind someone is currently in.

QTan.

I wish I could be able to approach it from that perspective but instead I have to approach it from the reverse... psychedelic healing to help me overcome pre-existing mental health issues.

It's a good concept, but if somebody had already found everything they were looking for in their life and their perception of it then I'm not sure they would find any use for psychedelics to reinforce the good things (I've met some extrodinary people that are naturally happy and at peace who have no need or desire for substances)... but then again if somebody has found everything they are looking for in this world, some spicey psychedelic can satisify the cravings for looking and searching beyond this world :devil:.

I wish I could be able to approach it from that perspective but instead I have to approach it from the reverse... psychedelic healing to help me overcome pre-existing mental health issues.

It's a good concept, but if somebody had already found everything they were looking for in their life and their perception of it then I'm not sure they would find any use for psychedelics to reinforce the good things (I've met some extrodinary people that are naturally happy and at peace who have no need or desire for substances)... but then again if somebody has found everything they are looking for in this world, some spicey psychedelic can satisify the cravings for looking and searching beyond this world :devil:.

I don't see how anyone can have found everything they've been looking for. Well I can but I don't see how you can ever stop searching. I'm sure if these people took a psychedelic they'd instantly realise there's quite a bit going on behind the curtain of 'reallity' and definitely much worth exploring.

and Qtan I like your innoculation analogy. I was once thinking the same. That it may in fact be a good thing that at a young age people start to experiment with drugs - altho it'd be nice if kids do their research 1st - as when the mind is still in a 'relatively' plastic state new concepts and pathways of thinking are opened and hopefully positive ways of thinking will be founded by these experiences. Instead of having problems related to normal ways of thinking like:

"i need a better [insert material object], therefore i need more money and i need to slave away some more at work... i'm depressed"

Yeah i agree mostly. But i dont think any life will ever be content without creating or changing. I think that our purpose in the dimension of time is to grow. Like to me repetative work is shithouse because it more duplication than actually creating something new and unique to some extent.

I think what psychedelics do is speed up and sometimes take away time, which is part of the dimension we are in. That is why trips can be good or bad. The frame of mind we are in grows to extreme opposites. That is what one of our limitations as humans is, not being able to percieve anything without its opposite.