The Corroboree
elzar

fallen accacias

on a friends property there are quite a few accacias one in interest is a 6m+ accacia which seems to have fallen in many places. is the bark still active once the plant is dead and if so for how long?

the property is near the border ranges. I am also having difficulty identifying the different types. i have been told it is a sally wattle. is there any way to safely test this species? i would be keen to try the bark off dead plants anyway as the only other option is to let them degrade. can the bark be kept for prolonged periods of time before use?

there is also another variety (unless it is younger) with small pale yellow round flowers similar to the accacia victoria.

cheers

dan

the bark will detoriate over time.

there are text documents stating melanoxylum is active.

one senior member from this site, i think reported a powerfull experience with this species.

thanks.

I think i may well look into this. the melanoxylon pretty much seems to match the plant i saw. a great point in the right direction.

A.Melanoxylon, really, I thought it was one of the lesser Acacia of interest, when I was in Melbourne I saw a Bonfire burn up about 50 trees!

Lots more to be cleared though...

yeh it may just be a waste of time but i have plenty of that. at least it will give me somthing to do. ill let you all know if i have any joy.

a friend of mine told me nothing was found in a melanoxylum from the northern rivers region.