The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
M S Smith

Somewhere High in the Andes

maybe we should have the next sydney meet in the andes. :D

Why is it that those guys remind me of the bozo's

that ask me for pocket change on the street?

This picture shows a piece of cactus halfway prepared. The first step is to remove the spines, which extend from the ridges of the cactus in groups of three. Around the roots of the spines are tiny tufts containing strichnine, which you remember is not a good thing to eact. Interestingly, strichnine also occurs in Peyote buttons, another mescaline-bearing cactus found in Mexico. The spines must be carefully removed from the San Pedro, as seen in the rows on the left

er yeah right.... this sounds like rainbow tribe stuff... from the late 80's.

total BS

Seriously Flip its like Carlos Castaneda saying there are 8 different types of strychnine in peyote, sheer unadulterated bullshit.

Nice photographs but the words have no credibility.

Oh no, the dreaded STRYCHNINE!!!!

Seriously, thats gotta be one of the most prevalent drug rumors. Just yesterday someone tried to tell me about the 'strychnine sacks' under each areole. And the worst part is when you tell them, as nicely as possible, that the whole strychnine thing is just an urban legend, 90% of the time the perpetrator of the misinformation will aruge about it! I've given up arguing about strychnine with people long ago though, har har harrr...

i quite liked the "One half gram is the medically recognized threshold dose (minimum for a real trip)" bit :blink: that is 500mg unless im going nuts right? i wonder how much he considers to be a strong trip then!? 2 grams..3?!

Lol @ the strychnine. I once had somebody try to tell me that the active chemical in lovely blue mushrooms was strychnine. :rolleyes: Luckliy for me he was willing to listen when I told him this wasn't so.

Michael, what do you think what species this was? It looks to me like it has yellowish spines on new growth? I think that the old Growth spines are somehow looking other than pachanoi or most peruvianus i know. Sometimes the people pictured on photographies of some witch markets don´t seem to know what treasures they are selling. It seems that for a lot of them, every Trichocereus is equal and unfortunately hasn´t any great value.

These guys are some pretty funny students. When looking at the 500 mg Dose, it doesn´t wonder they´ve ended up making pics of dogs having sex.

:)