The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

"active cacti" (Another visual feast)

I see they are using three of my photos. Nice. Now you know why I put my name in them.

I'm a Nook memeber myself and the cactus discussion there is always pretty active. If you reviewed my post history in the cactus forum you will find tons of my pictures as well as lots of good info.

~Michael~

yes i noticed your pics MS

how do you label your photos. i should do some of mine i guess

did you get a recent PM from me?

i also noted those other pics that look suspiciously like reshroomeds 2 cacti- the eileen and the unknow spachianoid one- yes prob spachianus

has anyone seen the elongated monstrose bridgesii get that long before?

Hey Rev, I use Adobe PhotoDeluxe 4.0 Home Edition. It's pretty easy. It's an older version, but it works for me.

I just tried to respond to your PM again, but it is still telling me your box is full. Which ones look like reshroomed's Eileen? Got a link?

I have never seen a T. bridgesii monstrose get that tall before myself, but I hope mine gets that big some day. In fact I really don't have a straight monstrose, rather just a columnar monstrose that is coming off of a nice crest. Keep a look-out at The Nook and I will post a photo here of it asap. I believe that all columnar monstrose are actually limbs that grow off crests, but which don't revert to crests again. Once they are cut off they will remain the columnar monstrose form. This is also how I believe the monstrose short spined T. peruvinus monstrose form (almost every stingle crest or columnar monstrose "T. pachanoi" I have ever seen is in fact such forms of the short spined T. peruvianus).

One more thing, the T. bridgesii that sets multiple limbs on limbs does seem to be a different form that the crest/monstrose T. bridgesii.

~Michael~

Is that just an old bridgesi? ive never seen one grow like that, it looks fucking cool tho

trichos.jpg

well this pic an dthe one above it look suspiciously like a different angle of this picture

well was going to show you but EA's down..

best thing would be to see if reshroomed can confoirm these are his photos...

ill PM

if they are then the more pachanoid thing is eileen

shes hypermutable

the new pups look like deicedly peruvianiod but with bridgesiis blueness

then theyll go back to the 3 spined fat bridgesii look

Yeah, those two are mine, posted back when it was still Nan's, I think. The one above them with the American flag was posted in the same thread (sent to me by a mate in Mexico - another recipient of a piece of Eileen). There's a few other pics of her floating around as well. Wouldn't hurt to acknowledge the owner I suppose, but not worth getting fussed over. J. Allen's annual tantrums re his pics at one or another of the shroom forums are enough for me.

Went to the nook to check this as my copy of their archives was probably out of date. I find it's now 138MB (I think my last copy was 29MB) so that's what I'll be doing tonight. Then doing a lot of reading to catch up.

I found this an invaluable resource when getting into mycology, and Nan had some very cool cactus tek as well, so I'm keen on checking the new (old) stuff.

I couldn't recommend this more highly as a download for anyone interested in mushrooms or cactus. And that's without reading the latest 100MB.

And a merry Xmas to all

ed

[ 28. December 2004, 22:18: Message edited by: reshroomED ]

The flesh is mostly the same, and such spination occurs at parts of the plant, but aureoles are much more concave (ie sunk into the rib).

If it's the same plant as the first pic in that thread it's a definite no.

ed