The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
caludia

plastered on kava

for the first time in my life, i am actually plastered on kava!

my extremeties feel tingly and i feel like i have just swallowed a decent amount of valium... every time i turn my head, the world takes a little longer to arrive

every other time, i'd become noticeably relaxed, but nothing to write home about.

this time it's not subtle; i would write home if i could, but i am far too affected My fingers are tingly and i can hardly bash out a sentence on the keyboard!

i've had 4 "kava milkshakes" of 2 tablespooons each, being sure to stir thoroughly in between sips.

The feeling is more like a benzo than alcohol, that's for sure. I don't feel any euphoria.

so this is a personal recommendation for herbalistics kava, as always hand-harvested in the forests of southern queensland by the muscly hippie he-man himself, darcy.

anyway there have been a million posts about kava and its effects, so this is just an impromptu addition for posterity :)

I have Vanuatu Kava. Doesn't have the characteristic numbing effects of the lips/mouth though it does give you a very strong relaxing/stoning effect and can give you a hang over sort of effect.

A Fijian told me Vanuatu kava growers put their kava roots in big 44 gallon drums of water containing a vine of some sort. And this is how they can make their weak immature kava strong. The active of the vine is absorbed into the kava

I don't know if there's any truth In that, but It would explain the lack of numbness yet a very noticeable effect. I am so concerned that I no longer drink it, as I can't be sure what is the active. It's not likely kavalactones.

[ 29. September 2005, 01:43: Message edited by: blog ]