The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
rkundalini

Australia Day / Invasion Day

you know where the airport is? If you dont I'll show ya, you filthy, st. john's wort-gobbling, tea-drinking, reefer-smoking, girlfriend-with-hairy-legs-having, stupid hippie.

You think the anzacs were fighting for Tofu hotdogs? (hehehe)

kinda mixed two quotes together there. I love that add btw! SO funny. And really everyone should have a good laugh at themselves sometimes, even the vegetarian hippie community.

The country is fucked up and back to front

somehow we got in a position where the people of Australia started apologising for stuff they didnt do whilst the Government who was responsible avoids apology

Im not sorry at all about the past leading up to the point i was born. How can i be.

Aboriginals do have it tough in many ways but they arent the most disadvantaged section of our society anymore even though its politically advantageous to claim so.

There are other groups we see and often choose not to see who do it harder.

Reconciliation is about renogotiating how we live together and see one another. About assisting aboriginal communities to regain some sort of economic and social platform to continue their culture within the national framework.

I dont think its about apologising for who the rest of us are. I have a mixed ancestry and of the progenitor cultures and nationalities i identify with none. I cant 'go home', im not 'european'.

This is my land where i belong.

so i feel stuck in the middle between aboriginal politicians who want to deny me my identity and by right wing neo-australian factions who want to define my identity.

I say fuck you all.

my country my life

im not going anywhere for any reason or fighting any one else wars im going to stay right here on my own patch of dirt with the rest of my clan and respect my neighbours and thats about it

live and let live

so support aboriginal peoples and reject discriminatory laws but dont forget that they have to sort out the majority of their problems themselves if its going to work

theres plenty of other suppressed minorities doing it tough so spread that goodwill around

If we start assigning 'australian-ness' as a function of how long your families been here or the colour of your skin it sets a dangerous precedent that parties like one nation im sure would find very likeable

so on australia day have a beer and remember that though the aboriginals didnt really appreciate us coming here, neither did just about anyone who came here want to. Convicts and refugees, economic or social, make up the bulk of our ancestors.

No one should feel guilty but everybody should acknowledge a more accurate history

and with regards to escalating house prices

its really the fault of wannabe property tycoons

greedy fuckers who buy investment properties in regional areas and dont live in them but get tax benefits through neg gearing

so they create outside pressure on rising prices and rents

while contributing nothing to the economy either in their domestic spending or social input

leading to all the hassles mentioned above

Negative gearing is fucked and immoral. Houses are for living in not speculation. The sooner these bastards get back to the stockmarket where they belong the better

Rk if you want a nice city house worth its asking price youll have to move to Perth. Still great value there

[ 23. January 2005, 23:42: Message edited by: reville ]