The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Geebus

young syrian rue cuttings dying... help!

Hey guys got 2 young peganum seedlings recently and after potting them up they have been slowly wilting and browning. They are in semi sun at the moment. We recently got a biy of rainfall too. Could it be over watering? I'll send pics when I get home. Never been successful with these plants any help would be appreciated greatly! :)

Maybe too much root disturbance? I have neglected mine to the point where I thought they were gonners, gave them a soak and they sprang back to life better than what they were. (After cutting them back)

I have found them easy to grow, just hard to get the germination down, as the seeds vary a lot. High humidity is needed.

If the soil is moist, leave them and move them into the shade for a while. They're probably too young to withstand the sun.

Okay thank you.

Yeah im thinking its shock from the repot. I've moved it under from the rain. Just leave it and see for now.

This is my first time growing a seedling. In the past I have never germinated these the few that did died pretty rapidly...

Hopefully these guys pull through.

Cheers for the tips!

• Like 1

No problem man :)
The seeds will fool you too. You'll think they are all done and then a few weeks/months later they will pop up :) (So don't dismiss the seeds)