The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
CLICKHEREx

US: Electric Zoo Attendees Will Be Forced To Watch Anti-Drug PSA Before Entry

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/731289-Electric-Zoo-Attendees-Will-Be-Forced-To-Watch-Anti-Drug-PSA-Before-Entry

1. Bluelighter
    Yesterday 13:52

Gothamist

With reader comments

Embattled EDM festival Electric Zoo's been trying to combat concert drug use after two attendees died after taking MDMA and methylone last year. And as promised, they've launched an anti-drug PSA campaign that attendees will be subject to before entering concert grounds. It'll work about as well as that anti-pot episode of Saved By The Bell you watched once, but at least this one's in HD!

The so-called "Come To Life" campaign, created specially for the three-day Labor Day weekend festival, features a two-minute PSA called "The Molly," directed by Dexter creator James Manos, Jr. According to founders Laura De Palma and Mike Bindra: "Our message to concertgoers is simple: The Electric Zoo experience is exceptional and worth being present for. Molly can cause you to not only miss the moment, alienate your friends and have an overall adverse and unpleasant experience…but can also make you sick and can even be fatal."

And if you avoid Electric Zoo like the plague, but are still itching to see this anti-EDM anti-drug PSA, never fear—it leaked online last month. Behold:

The only way this could make you want to attend this festival less is if upon ticket purchase, you were forced to watch that horrendous Dexter series finale over and over and over again, but this time the whole debacle is soundtracked by Skrillex.
    http://gothamist.com/2014/08/05/elec...o_drug_psa.php
    -->
    progress.gifreply_small.gif quote.gif multiquote_40b.png -->

2. Well, that was painful to watch.

3. I'll have some of whatever that guy had!

-->
    progress.gif
  4. Moderator Join Date Mar 2008 Location reason 7 Posts 4,905
    Yesterday 19:32

cringe but slightly true lol. to be fair he didn't go mongy or gurn enough

-->
    progress.gif

5. Join Date Jul 2006 Location Australia Posts 6,010

2 minutes of my life I will never get back, what a shitty, pointless and (I am guessing) completely ineffective video.

6. Join Date Mar 2014 Posts 4,955

somebody got paid to make that

let that sink in for a minute

-->
    progress.gif

7. Bluelighter Join Date Aug 2011 Location Southern California Posts 141
    Today 02:31

Hahaha so hilarious!

8. Join Date Nov 2008 Location Alabamastan Posts 3,781 Blog Entries 72

Well I'm convinced I'm never taking drugs again. Thanks electric zoo! uhoh.gif

-->
    progress.gif

9. Bluelighter Join Date Jan 2011 Location Pistolvania Posts 14,343 Blog Entries

Lol and that's why I will never go to ezoo.… sorry, the lineup isn't that great for the amount of $$$$ they charge for tickets, and now this? The afterparties in the city for ezoo have always been better than the actual ezoo.

-->
    progress.gif

Join Date Nov 2004 Location Um, at the potato range? Serving up my weapon of mash destruction? Posts 2,837 Blog Entries 8

"Don't miss the moment - be present."

I'll pass but thanks.

"Avoid the risks."

So, be sure to test my stuff.

Don't overdo it with the dosage.

Stay hydrated - preferably with a sports drink such as Gatorade.

Take breaks between dances.

Go with friends I can depend on if there's a problem.

Don't consume alcoholic beverages.

Try not to smoke.

Take some low dose Aspirin + Xanax with me just in case.

Don't roll and drive.

Did I miss anything?

------------------------------------------------------

That was somewhat unsettling to watch - awkward laugh.

However, I was expecting much worse to be honest. Was convinced he was going to collapse, and so forth...