The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
T-trich

Great Times......Had to share :-)

Question

I Love this time of year....cactus growing and pupping.....Flowers! Had to share this pic. I made some cuts to my T. pachanoi cv. puquio (labeled from original grower) earlier this year and it went crazy pupping. It has something like 18 right now and they keep coming.

post-14965-0-07056800-1402451099_thumb.j

Here is a picture of the original mother plant as well..

T. pachanoi cv. puquio

post-14965-0-91050400-1402451152_thumb.j

I'm sure that I will have to thin them out before they start damaging one another and allow from MORE growth.

post-14965-0-07056800-1402451099_thumb.jpg

post-14965-0-91050400-1402451152_thumb.jpg

post-14965-0-07056800-1402451099_thumb.jpg

post-14965-0-91050400-1402451152_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

Oops.....meant to post this in Cacti & Succulents forum. Not sure how to relocate it?

Hubba hubba, please post some bigger pictures of the mother plant.

~Michael~

• Like 1

I will see what I can find.....plant originated from malo......many moons ago? I took some cuttings from mine when a windy day and some insecticidal soap did some damage! I was worried I would lose it! Should have been more patient and it would have recovered with a few more battle scars. Live and Learn..

Edited by T-trich

Beautiful plants mate, I wonder what caused the plant in the 1st pic to pup like that? Is that normal? Have seen something similar from mechanical damage. Fucking awesome anyways pardon my french :drool2:

Thanks Katu......no worries about your French, I speak it also from time to time! I think taking the cuttings after the wind drift spray incident really caused it to pup out so much. Big root system and the need for new growth.....

• Like 1

I believe its a strain thing.. I have seen both bridgesiis and pachanois to pup extremely ...

well this is a bit more, I admit....

if you see them pups coming from pups you might have to consider witches broom too.... that is extreme pupping is sometimes caused by some funky virus or something...