The Corroboree

Hi Guys, please be careful installing that software. I would be too concerned to install something like that because you have pretty much NO IDEA what this software does when it´s running, what it sends out and what not. No one can say it´s safe and can´t be hijacked. All sounds great and harmless but in the end, you help Pharma Companies developing Meds that they can sell back to you for 1000 Dollar a Dose when you need em. Again, maybe i am wrong but i´d be really careful with stuff like that. Healing Alzheimer and all that sounds great but i don´t like Software that "runs behind the scenes and uses unused computer time". Whatever that means.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Not to mention your powerbill!

Not to mention your powerbill!

Most definitely this.

Computers chew up a lot of power when running these kind of tasks and with the cost of power in Australia, that can add really add up when you receive your next bill.

The software itself is completely safe and I believe it's intentions are pure. It's run by the Stanford university and has been running since 2000.

Here's the wikipedia page which explains what it does in some more detail: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home