The Corroboree
Corona Virus

importing cacti into wa

Wondering if anyone could elaborate on importing cacti into WA. I saw cactusland display at the Victoria Market (impressive) and they explained that you can import into WA now which I had not even thought was possible living in the paranoid state.AQIS looks fairly straightforward as long as the cacti are not listed does the post then get delivered to your door or do you have to pick up from the airport

Regardless as to weather its listed or not, it cannot contain soil. On the roots or otherwise

Edit: This doesn't apply if they are treated etc.

Edited by Foo
  • Like 1

wait what ?..... :scratchhead:

as far as i know any plant coming into W.A. has to be properly treated and have correct documentation regardless of what it is

one thing that might make sense as to why he said this is this the cactusland as the website becausee he does provide treatment

maybe that's why he said he could

it seems wrong though especially with the new laws regarding seed even

i'd love to know if we can get anything though i've seen a few plants on ebay lately i wish i could have bid on haha

Edited by myco

For nurseries to send plants over to wa, they need to be treated accordingly within 10 days prior to release afaik, with a root drench as well as a heavy spray of different chemicals

mmmm maybe not so straightforward then. I think I will go ahead and place an order with cactusland and see what happens

They are authorised to treat then send plants into WA, they also suggest to send a list of what ur interested in, and then they'll check if it's allowed into the relevant state. WA has quite a few restricted plants, so just make sure if ur gonna do it legit, get their opinion first :-)

Edited by upside

Thanks I appreciate the responses

Edited by Corona Virus