The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shroomy

calling all gnomes

Guest auto302823

Originally, for me it was curiosity.

After the first time, it was all about reaching the sublime.

[This message has been edited by auto302823 (edited 19 April 2002).]

Not only did he graffiti "monkey was here" he also pissed all over the place. Then he found out that it was actually buddhas finger that he was writing and pissing on.

never left her hand.

Originally posted by Gem:

he also loves the way animals and insects seem to just come out to greet him.

Like green tree frogs eh shroomy? biggrin.gif

yes like green tree frogs and funny little english men with names like structual parts of a bridge. i miss that guy he was funny, missed you too latley, good to see you back smile.gif

Guest Ramon

My gnome is extremely perplexed by consciousness. It thinks that there is much more to it then meets the eye.

By taking entheogens and colouring its consciouss experience it hopes to see different angles of the consciouss experience and consequently have a more realistic understanding of consciousness

bringing the worms out of the woodwork. eh.

when i was younger (much younger) i'd take nearly anything offered me.

just to get off.

i was 19 when i had my first trip. in darwin and going out to the local bikies haunt for a party. the bloke i was living with said 'have this trip'. so i did.

back then i didn't care what you were or weren't supposed to do, i just wanted to get off. so of course, everthing else went with it.

i did some really bad things that night and was lucky not to have been bashed. my mate i found out next day wasn't so lucky.

NOW (20+ years on) reasons are different. i want to unlock doors. try to explore what is out there or in there that i can't seem to reach in any other way.

i worry occassionally that i might overstep the mark and end up in some sort of never land and develop some form of mental problem. well, another one anyway.

my peers after our early experimentations (is that a word?) got 'windy' of these things and stayed with the soft stuff so to speak, so i found myself years later trying to learn of these things on my own.

thank god for you people!

expanding consciousness, sounds like a good term. or trying to find the answers to all the questions that don't fit with everyday logic.

i love being able to see things that i know i wouldn't have been able to see or experience if i didn't do these things.

it makes me feel sad to think that so many people are missing so much beauty.

and trying to explain to narrow minded people the things that are 'out there' is really hard. i marvel at how selective most people are in their sense of what is right and wrong. like people who smoke SHITLOADS of mj or alchoholics talking and moralising about this sort of thing.

funny how people are prepared to bend the rules to suit there own circumstances.

sorry mostly all off topic.

Guest DragonFyre

I first looked into ethnobotanicals when I was much younger (though there wasnt all these wonderful sites around then) mainly because my plant craze and alcohol addiction had gotten stupidly out of control, once I started drinking I wouldnt be able to stop... and this led to MANY a bad experince (and alot of drunken bashings; being both the victim and the aggressor in many a case) and being young I wanted to get off (not much has changed to this day) wink.gif

However I seem to find I tolerate most other things quite well and have never overdosed on anything (even when I've tried) which was one of the main reasons I got into it in such depth... smile.gif And after my first LSD experinece (sorry to bring up synthetics, but just as reference as it was the first "hard" drug I ever tried) that actually worked, I was introduced to a world of beauty and colours I had never paid much attention to before. Now I use entheogens to take me to places I would otherwise have to spend hours meditating to achieve...

Guest VENDEJO
Originally posted by BIZZ:

And your final resolution is ?

Fucking hard to describe with words!

More of a feeling/sense/understanding and belonging.

"'why do you take entheogens?'"

Q. Why?

A. Yes. That is correct.

To hear the sound of one hand clapping, hold up one hand whilst listening intently. Eventually you should hear the applause.

Originally posted by VENDEJO:

Fucking hard to describe with words!

More of a feeling/sense/understanding and belonging.

I hear ya.

I feel the same but fucked if i could even try to explain.I just wanted to hear a explanation(or an attempt).

I too feel connected to a massive unity of matter, great and small and of and of all frequencies.

Q. 'Why do you take the entheogens?'

A. Our knowledge, self awareness and capabilities are the sum total of the experiences that we have had. Entheogens have given me experiences not normally possible. Hence I take them because the alteration of perception gives me an understanding not otherwise obtainable.

'Why' is a concept that needs to be diminshed. It is a question that contains in it the seeds of itself. No matter what answer is given to a question of why, the query can be repeated anew- "Why?"

Seek to free yourself from the 'why'. Just explore what they give you and learn to incorporate the lessons into daily life.

waz