The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Glass Roots

What shade of green should my willi seedlings be?

I have them under T8 flouro daylight's, sitting roughly 10 inches above . They all are nice, round and plump, but the first 1 that popped up turned orange, and the second one started showing signs of doing the same. I moved the light up a few inches, threw paper towels on top of the dome, and toned down my light cycle to 14/10 from 18/6 (I had up higher for other plants). I did this all over a few day period as to not shock the little guys.

The seedlings before the changes that didn't orange (only 1 did completely) are now a darker green, and the seeds that have germinated after the alterations are light green. Am I on the right track, or should they be darker? No experience with loph's before, so I'm not sure if they should resemble other seedlings such as tricho's in color.

Later today I can post pictures if needed.

It sounds like they should be ok now. Cactus seedlings usually go a bit red or orange if they are getting too much bright light. But green is a good sign

I've had a mix of colors with all batches of my loph's. most will be lime to dark green and a couple will be orange to red-purple. I guess some are just genetically weaker to high light levels at that early of an age.