The Corroboree

Can anyone with personal experience of this group please share their thoughts as I'm thinking of joining.

IME every spiritual movement starts out legit, then eventually degrades into an "organization" and the essence of it is lost. It starts out as a real thing, a few people following one guy. Then more and more people get involved, and it becomes big enough that other people have to start helping run the show. Then the guy who started it dies, and then the people who are left take over. Without the guy who actually knew what he was talking about, everything falls to pieces unless business decisions start being made... first it becomes about keeping the group alive, then that eventually turns into greed and it becomes about making money. It becomes an organization, instead of something truly religious. The whole thing gets tainted.

Be wary.

• Like 1

Thanks for your thoughtful reply scarecrow.

I've seen the same tendency in rural communes and spiritual groups. Freedom without discipline tends to chaos, generosity abused and bad behaviour has to be endured and encouraged to end, difficult enough to deal with my own shortcommings and much more difficult (impossible) to correct in other people. I've been told the spiritual exercise is not as strong as it used to be but I'm still keen to apply and see how I feel in three months if the time for opening comes.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem