The Corroboree
space cadet swami

Tabernaemontana undulata : bechette ... Grow log.

Nice pic spacey! Can you please elaborate on the current wet cycle your plants experiencing? I went away for 3 days and came home to find my girl had lost 4 leaves (due to heavy winds), but I also assume it had to do with the soil drying out with the wind also.

I am now only allowing the plant to dry out for a day then she's getting a deep water, she went into a 10 inch pot when she arrived.

When it's summer/hot I water once a day & don't have a tray under the pot. But it's been drizzling on & off for the last couple of weeks so they only get watered once every 2 or 3 days at the moment. You'll notice I've put a saucer under the 14" pot, but I put about 30mm of trench rock in the bottom. That way she won't be sitting directly in the water, in the tray. When they were in the 5" pots I tried putting a saucer under them & they didn't like having wet feet at all. So it seems they like it moist, but not wet.

• Like 1

post-9832-0-73074100-1362977272_thumb.jp

post-9832-0-75402400-1362977352_thumb.jp

You can notice the leaf damage from the spraying for leaf miners. You'll also notice the missing leaves from the cyclone winds we were having. I found 3 of the leaves and have them dried and sealed incase they can be used for experimentation (but I doubt it)

Defiantly not going as strong as yours spacey (or at least as good looking!!) but I think with the upped watering and morning/evening water sprays should help it remember your awesome climate ;)

D00d

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love pics...so here's a couple more.

post-11175-0-10840600-1363705493_thumb.j

a nice shady spot with a bit of late afternoon sun

post-11175-0-20859200-1363705537_thumb.j

this is #2 plant, now in the ground...so hoping for a not to cold winter.

post-11175-0-10840600-1363705493_thumb.jpg

post-11175-0-20859200-1363705537_thumb.jpg

post-11175-0-10840600-1363705493_thumb.jpg

post-11175-0-20859200-1363705537_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

post-9832-0-37810300-1366450619_thumb.jp

Here is my girl during the week next to my 2L mister

I am thinking about collecting some water from a near by rainforest billabong for a bioassay of this girl. First thoughts are to collect the water, give a short boil, then put the leaves in, seal in a jar (after a slight cooling of the water), and leaving for 1 week. I'd start off small with maybe 1-2 leaves in enough water to just cover them. Anyone's thoughts?

D00d

Edit; wrong pic and extra stuff

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by thed00dabides
  • Like 2

My thoughts are to try ibogaine hcl micro dose in saline but someone should clarify forum rules? Ibo is tricky as an S4.

Took pics of new growth on the plant in the ground here, will post when at a computer. (#?) She's starting to settle in nicely.

Oh and reports talk about using root material but kiwi seems to sell leaves?

If its anything like iboga the entire plant will be active. Leaf sap is scarce but may be potent...

I see no reason for the tannin thing that I wouldn't put down to one mention becoming hearsay gospel. I think it's possible the drops are highly tannin rich but this doesn't mean that's part of an extraction... Why would it be? Chemically it doesn't gel with traditional use.

One of the usual suspects on another site tried iboga root bark eye drops (ick) with success. That's some rough dirty stuff though... And they hadn't had sanango or bacchete to compare to. But pronounced effects similar to those described.

Gotcha silene too thanks mate!

If anyone is chasing natural high tannin content water from an undeveloped catchment from let me know :wink:

According to wiki " ...tanins bind to and precipitate proteins and other compounds including....and alkaloids."

(Hmmmmm interesting now I am thinkin). It is wiki a chemist may be able to confirm these properties.

Edited by waterboy

EF I am referring to some tradition use texts I found stating this preperation. Ill post some links etc this afternoon to see if we can start nutting something out.

Thanks for the offer WB, ill be in touch

Edited by thed00dabides

The tannin should increase the acidity of the water, making extraction easier/more effective - like lemon juice or HCL in other things.

Looking good =] definitely hope some cuttings from these guys make it out into the community some time. It'll be interesting to see how they go in the very different climates they are being grown in

Tannins do make water slightly acidic and would definitely be of benefit, but they are a group of compounds so there may also be an opportunity for other reactions.

Anyone know anything about the polyphenols (or gallic acid and flavone)? All I know is there potential as antioxidants.

I am intrigued to the direct reference for tannin rich water, and found a few references to it. Is it just where used this is all they have access to, or from a preferred stream that is tannin rich as part of ritual?.

curious george today...lol

Edit -maybe just makes salts of :scratchhead:

Edited by waterboy

tannins are more than tannic acid. I think it's something that has come from analysis of traditional samples due to the nature of the Amazonian water most likely. Neo shaman recipes though rare seem to use simple water and glycerin extracts.

• Like 2

Yeah id say it's mostly to do with amazon water almost always being rich in tannins (i think even drinking water from the river is usually slightly brown).

Tbh the best thing would be to contact KIAS or whatever his current nick is..?

Yeh I've read his posts and Pmd him via the nexus to no reply... I dare day if its been posted we've all read it, there's very limited info! It's just how we take it in that varies, the info that is. Ill get my comp out tonight if I am able and post some more fuller posts with references etc (although this red is great and the jazz in this bar is amazing, so maybe I won't be able to - and no I normally drink beer and listen to the ramones, but there's a time for everything!!)

I don't know kamboga personally but I would probably try contacting him somewhere like eboka.info or the kambo.me forums? I'm sure there are some folks here who know him, perhaps they can help?

Here's the other girl, with lots of new growth happening, she seems to be getting used to her new spot nicely after a few days!

post-12375-0-12962800-1366530828_thumb.j

post-12375-0-12962800-1366530828_thumb.jpg

post-12375-0-12962800-1366530828_thumb.jpg

And actually no if it's posted we haven't all necessarily read it. I found a lot last night that I'd never encountered by searching deeper and deeper, a lot of which was in portugese which google generally conveniently culls for us....

Oh and my plan is to make a dropper of 1mg/drop pharmaceutical ibogaine hcl in sterile saline solvent. This seems about as safe as one could hope for, although it might be a while before bioassay!

my girl managed to hold all her leaves over winter but then dropped them all as the new growth began this spring... i have collected all the leaves, 6g in total. the new growth is going well and its branching out yet again,but its looking hideous with no leaves :( she'll be repotted i a week or so.

How are people's plants holding up?

I've recently got some sananga made by the Yawanawa tribe in South America.

It really does burn!