The Corroboree
Third Wheel

ID Help (Some plants from Bunnings)

Question

Ahoy,

Over the past few months I've bought quite a few cacti from Bunnings as I'm sure many others have. I got a few different types including Trichocereus pasacana, terscheckii & peruvianus all correctly labelled as well as a large Cereus plant and some other cactus and succulents for my gardens and collection.

For those who like Agave, Bunnings has new varieties all the time some I've never seen before and quite striking in the garden. It is good to see more variety rather than the normal Aloes n Agaves you see on the side of the road everyday.

Anywaz I have posted the following up that I mainly got from Bunnings as I am unsure about what they are. Any help or suggestions would be great.

PLANT 1: Here is the 1st from Bunnings:

20121125113538.jpg

Same plant:

20121125113530.jpg

PLANT 2: From Bunnings:

20121125113515.jpg

PLANT 3: From Bunnings:

enimage1348124485194.jpg

PLANT 4: From Bunnings. I think it is a Cereus Peruvianus.

bunnings.jpg

It has grown another 25cm in 2 months in a full sun garden by the pool. All my Cereus plants grow so quickly when put in the ground in a sunny position. Another Cereus I have grew 4 times it's size in the same 2 months.

PLANT 5: From eBay a fews ago. Lived out of a pot under some stairs for about two years. The flower gives me a good indication I just want someone elses opinion:

20121020112048.jpg

20121020112039.jpg

PLANT 6: From a small everyday Nursery. Definitely an Astrophytum but just want to see what type other people think. Was only $18 for a very large and healthy plant.

20121125113629.jpg

Thanks for taking a look.

3 answers to this question

1 is a trich ive sorts id think. Not brave enough to guess

2 is a "blue candle" M. G. (forgot spelling)

3 is T.Spach

4 you probs right

no idea about 5. 6 is a G something aswell ... im really too tierd to be posting ...

Two is clear, three could be Espostoa/Vatriciana Guentherii. Six should be Astrophytum Ornatum.