The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gwydion

El Che Vive!

That´s right, brethren. On this day of misunderstood and misdirected goodwill, spare a moment for the true saviour, Ernesto "El Che" Guevara, simbolo de protesta. "Justicia e Igualdad!".

The ideal christmas present for the rabid lefty in the household, whether it be the petulant 17-23 yr old ISO member lesbian daughter, the aging school teacher dad who still remembers (vaguely) the ´REAL´ protests and left movement of the 60´s and 70´s, the now-tamed housewife mum (they met in prison for draft dodging) who just LOVES the crooning South American muzak and goes all wet over the rugged masculine argentine´s features, or even for the bearded, unwashed, Che-wannabe, Castroite son, who is currently lost, clandestine in some or other South American tin-pot republic. Good for gramps too, coz he KNEW Ernie when he was only a little ´un.

Included on this limited edition double CD:

CD 1

1. CHE COMMANDANTE (NICOLAS GUILLEN)

3. SAMBA AL CHE (VICTOR JARA)

12. NADA MAS (A. YUPANQUI)

13. ELEGIA AL CHE (QUILLAPAYUN)

19. HABLA EL CHE (LATINOAMERICANO)

CD2

7. LA MUERTE NO ES CIERTA (L. GARCIA)

8. CHE (VERONICA LYNN)

12. FUSIL CONTRA FUSIL (SILVIO R.)

21. EL PAN DESPIERTO (VICTOR CASAUS)

24. LO ETERNO (CARLOS PUEBLA)

Hear the words the The True Lord this Chemas, and rejoice with those other true believers who follow Him, and celebrate Him in true Style- whether it be spoken word, salsa, samba, tango, or just cheezy S. American pop.

When I get back, if you sent me some blank CDs i´ll burn you a copy of this "homenaje a la vida del gran defensor de los pueblos pobres". There´s only 44 tracks, tho´.

Hasta la victoria siempre!

Patria o muerte!

Venceremos!

[This message has been edited by Gwydion (edited 25 December 2002).]

IF you get back. sounds like someones gone native on us. may have to send in a rescue team. who's up for it?

I gots me a lobotomy & Gwyd's going native, what's this wurld comming too...?

Guest reville

Hey Brian is that the George dubya full frontal? or the Lil' johnny 'eyebrow roots grow where me circuits once did' type?