The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

shaman indica

just read a post from gomaos where he mentions a strong drug expeerience he had in India. i also have had some good times there.

i lived w/a saddhu in the himalayas for 2 weeks in 89, & he introduced me to opium, the best quality charas(cream) & on a cold night trek to some shrine in the hills, we smoked the paste ov datura seeds in a chillum mix w/bacci & charas. he told me it would keep out the cold. i'd heard ov it, so wasn't inhaling deeply, but still i can't really remember much after that with any clarity. never been tempted to repeat, though i've smoked leaves mixed w/bacci & grass to no effect.

also at a party in mcleod ganj i took thee strongest acid ever(& in the uk i used to get it off the guy who stencil the pictures on the big sheets- fresh fresh fresh)- this was just a plain piece of manilla cardboard, sent all the way from goa. in my mouth the instant taste ov chemicals that got stronger as i chewed, 15 minutes later!!! i'm up, 15 more & i'm threwing up more tripped out than i've been off 5 tabs ov the stuff we were getting. it/i calmed down & had the best LSD trip i've ever had. trails/tracers like you wouldn't believe, real write your name in the air stuff.

sooo... has anyone else had any expeeriences ov an ethnogenic kind while o/s?

mushroom tales from se asia anyone?

sooo... has anyone else had any expeeriences ov an ethnogenic kind while o/s?

mushroom tales from se asia anyone?

Christ, where to start? I couldn't find any opium in the Indian Himalayas, so had to settle for some brown sugar. I had absolutely no idea of potency, so just layed out a couple of lines based on the Oz stimulants that I was used to, and hoovered them up. In retrospect, I think I was about 2 minutes away from death at one point.

Thai sticks anyone? I got back one night after an evening in the bars, and rolled up a little nightcap number that I had just scored. I got about three tokes in before proceeding to spend the next 5 hours driving the porcelain bus. The next night, I thought I would play it sensible and toke on _before_ going out. My next memory is that of waking up on the floor of my room in the middle of the night. As the song goes, I got stoned and missed it!

john- you snorted brown- unrefined morphine base????? LOL- sorry geezer, it's not really funny, but man i bet that hurt like hell for all ov 3 minutes.- have you seen "pulp fiction"? or followed gary abbotts murder trial?

i guess what mrB'corn has given is drug disaster stories which are the opposite ov what i was thinking- but still damn fun anyway.

i turned up at a bus station at 11pm after a 12hr bus ride thru the himalayas, to see the next 12hr bus just about to leave. i asked at ticket booth if i really needed the govt pass to go up the road(sensative boarder area) & was told it would be fine to get it the other end. so i buy a ticket & hop on a very full bus- standing room only.

so i'm standing, backpack on, head bent over so i can only see my feet- low indian bus roofs- & it looks like i'll be stuck there for the next 12 hrs, so i down a couple ov opium balls. 4 hrs later i get a seat & thinking my lucks in down 2 more.

2hrs later the bus stops at an army checkpoint & all foriegners have to show their permits.at this point my eyes are rolling, my thoughts are painfully slow & sooo dreamy, but i don't have a permit so i'm ordered off the bus, told i have to wait 4 hrs & then catch the bus back, so i grab my gear & in a opium dream decide - F*** it, i need a joint. i'm aware that it's abit dodgy smoking ileagle drugs at an army checkpoint, so i decide to be sneaky & in the middle ov nowhere, i decide to hide behind the still parked bus. not sneaky enough & the indians around decide to see where i'm going, so i end up w/ quite a crowd watching- including soldiers. a concerned english traveller came over & told me i probably wasn't being too clever- i sent him away w/a flea in his ear. i smoked that j, & the next thing i remember is waking up in a hotel room back where i'd come from.

the worst horror story i heard though was ov a guy who took mushies for the first time on koh samui in thailand. he want & sat on the dunes at the back ov the beach to watch the surf & stars. he watches as 2 thai guys drag a 3rd down into the sea, force him to kneel & then shoot him in the head. bad trip. he went home shortly after.

Originally posted by nabraxas:

john- you snorted brown- unrefined morphine base????? LOL- sorry geezer, it's not really funny, but man i bet that hurt like hell for all ov 3 minutes.- have you seen "pulp fiction"? or followed gary abbotts murder trial?

To the latter two questions: yes and yes. As for what I was snorting, it could have been unrefined skag for all that I know. I do know that it didn't hurt nearly as much as my home-grown, dehydrated opium which hurts like hell for about 20 mins frown.gif

Doesn't it piss you off sometimes when you can't do anything privately in India? There I was after my brown sugar experience, head lolling out of an Indian bus window, and feeling mega-queasy. Next thing you know there's a bunch of kids standing around below trying to flog me stuff. I tried to warn them off but couldn't talk very well at this point, and they probably wouldn't have listened anyway. The end result was that they all wound up covered in my last meal!

Nice travelling stories? Well believe it or not, getting wasted is not something I make a habit of doing in foreign countries. I wasn't completely impressed by the shrooms in Bali, but that was probably the time of year. And I have been ripped off every time I have tried synthetic substances in places like the US or Amsterdam, but that's not really ethno anyway.

ripped off in A"DAM (Amsterdam), hah ha ahaha, .... It has happened to me too, once in prolly my lowest points in life. (A'DAM is below the seasurface level btw (correlation?))

I bought a paper trip off of some dude on the street... NADA, Nothing happend, the reason I thought he was legit was that I recognized the logo on what I thought was an acid paper.... Thanking God that it was Fake! ************ < a respectfull moment of silence.

I R I E

Originally posted by John_Barleycorn:

Nice travelling stories? Well believe it or not, getting wasted is not something I make a habit of doing in foreign countries.

i believe you. very few travel 1000's ov miles JUST to take dwugs; though many take them as a part ov the expeerience, just as they do in everyday life, or if they were visiting a vinyard.

a'dam was good(?) to me, she gave me my first taste ov salvia div.