The Corroboree
qualia

Entheogens and Existential Intelligence The Use of Plant Teachers as Cognitive Tools

In light of recent specific liberalizations in drug laws in some countries, I have investigated the potential of entheogens (i.e.,psychoactive plants used as spiritual sacraments) as tools to facilitate existential intelligence. "Plant teachers" from the Americas such as ayahuasca, psilocybin mushrooms, and peyote, and the Indo-Aryan soma of Eurasia, are examples of entheogens that have been used used in both the past and present. These have all been revered as spiritual or cognitive tools to provide a richer cosmological understanding of the world for both individuals and cultures. I used Gardner's (1999a) revised multiple intelligence theory and his postulation of an "existential"intelligence as a theoretical lens

through which to account for the cognitive possibilities of entheogens and explore potential ramifications for education.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104793240

found this in scribd, thought it might fit in here

nice find, seems to be well written with a thorough bibliography. slowly reading through it... this "existential intelligence" theory sounds interesting, have not heard of Howard Gardner before.

Existential intelligence can be defined as the ability to be sensitive to, or have the capacity for, conceptualizing or tackling deeper or larger questions about human existence, such as the meaning of life, why are we born, why do we die, what is consciousness, or how did we get here.

http://www4.uwsp.edu/education/lwilson/learning/ninthintelligence.htm