The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halif

Well I'm about ready to give up... (hailstorm)

After the ice blast us Victorians got last Christmas Day, just as the survivors in my garden were starting to recover, we get another one of almost the same intensity. Bloody huge hail stones pelting down from all directions like the angels were having a snowball fight up in the sky.

Some of my plants have been literally shredded. The last one on Xmas tore up a 6-foot sunflower just as if someone had hacked at it with a hatchet.

After the last one I thought I should make sure that I rigged up some kind of shelter for every part of the garden but it's been logistically challenging enough for me to have not done it yet.

Anyone else get hammered?

Anyone thinking of moving to another state?

Sorry to hear mate :(

We don't get epic hail down here very often, maybe a really bad one every other year but most of the time they are pretty piss poor

But don't give up!!!

It does seem quite random at times, cold and rainy, then sunny skies an hour later.

I felt the temperature dropping and heard distant thunder. I saw the sky darkening. I figured a downpour was on the way...

But the severity of it was a surprise. A few normal sized hailstones started dropping down and I ran out to move a couple of pots undercover. Within a few seconds there were these big ice stones like marbles pelting down from every direction. It was deafening.

My poor cats came running out from their favourite garden hideouts and into the house, terrified by the sound.

And then yeah, as you say Johnnyzero, crystal clear blue skies are out less than thirty minute later.

It certainly keeps us on our toes :wink: