The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zaka

Plants that softens stone...

Irie,

So I was listening to a Max Igan interview the other day & the this subject come up!

(btw, if you're an Aussie & you don't know who Max is, damn man where ya been?)

Digging through a whole bunch of dodgy UFO sites searching for more information, I finally came across this quote..

Apparently in Egypt it was used garlic-stone, onion-stone and radish-stone in geopolymer technique while in Peru the red plant “juntcha” (kechuca, puno punco, quebrantahuesos or bone-breaker Andean ephedra), chanca piedra (Phyllanthus niruni), quinua (Chenopodium quinoa) and coca leaves were used to create vegetable acids; probably volcanic ashes and molds made of potatoes were also used besides the force of the rivers. Red juntcha liquidifies stones and iron and is used by woodpecker named Pito (Colaptus pitius) to drill the stones with its beak by means of its saliva fermenting the plant.

So P.niruni jumped out at me cos of Torsen's thread about gallstones.....make me wonder...

Anyways back on the real subject of this thread....

Petroglyphs!

We have a bunch of amerindian petroglyphs around here & which I have visited all known ones.

I realized sometime ago that they were not carved with an explainable tool, being a stone-age culture.

But it now make perfect sense to me that indeed the were carved by some kind of geopolymer technique using plants.

Since they have petroglyphs here, the plants that were used in this technique must also be here....

Experimentation impending!!

Just wondering if anyone else has anything to offer???

Respect,

Z

Cool thread.

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-01-bacteria-fungi-ancient-australian-art.html

That link is only semi-relevent but it's the first thing i thought of.

The team found in almost all the paintings the original paint pigments had been replaced by pigmented microbes, which the researchers dubbed “living pigments.”

Professor Pettigrew said the organisms were still living and successive generations would have lived in the paintings for thousands of years, which explains the fresh appearance of the paintings.

Irie,

Yeah that's interesting about the microbes.

So been studying the subject a bit and have come up with a list of possible plants, for the concoction.

The list;

Agave caribaeicola

Opuntia dillenii / Opuntia triacantha

Hibiscus sabdariffa

Dysphania ambrosioides syn. Chenopodium ambrosioides

Oxalis sp. 4 species found locally not sure which to use?

Phyllanthus niruri

Erythroxylum havanense

I may add some local lichen....

Not sure how I'm gonna approach this?

Maybe crush/pound the ingredients & leave to ferment in a calabash, for awhile??

Not sure????

Respect,

Z

e. hava does contain some alkaloids, which people desire, but let's hope they don't contain too many unwanted ones either. a detailed list of the compounds of hava, could solve this issues. i speculate the duke, doesn't list hava. good info about it, could erraticate any worries, but let's reminf oureselves, that all erythroxylum, do contain aswell, "nasty alks".

edit: grammar mistake, erythroxylum is the correct plural form, not erythroxylums.

Edited by planthelper

Irie,

coca leaves were used to create vegetable acids

Since I'm not gonna even think about ingesting this stuff, so I'm not too worried about nasty compounds, they may even be desirable, for this project!

I'm just attempting to emulate this recipe above, with the closest relatives available here.

So thinking that I'll include adding some local volcanic ash & sulfur.

Should create a volatile mix!!!BooooMM!!

Respect,

Z