The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
zahsone

Peru , macro or otherwise- what do u think?

Question

I got one of these funky pups which are going quite monstrose - what do you guys think it is? Apologies for the photo the memory card decided to play up and i only got every second photo off..

post-5976-0-69349800-1327363039_thumb.jp

post-5976-0-69349800-1327363039_thumb.jpg

post-5976-0-69349800-1327363039_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

That looks awesome man, keep posting as it grows. I haven't a clue what's going on with the pup but the cactus has very peruvanoid appearances to it, likely a cross.

Lucky shot of the butterfly too!

Hey zahsone if you're interested in recovering your files checkout ZAR (zero assumption recovery) it'll get almost everything off the mem card had to use it a few times for my dodgey cards

Nice pic btw some interesting growth going on there

hey man, i don't mean to come across as accusational but that isn't a public garden is it?

peruvianus. I very much doubt the pups will end up monstrose, just looks like some pups do, ribs shifting and so on.

nope its a private collection

cool man, i'm not presuming anything, just checking... i'm a bit touchy about people raughting public gardens... there is a beautiful big public garden near where i used to live with an absolutely beautiful & diverse collection of trichs, an absolute treasure of the region, until some dumb shits pilferred the fuck out of almost every trichocereus, defaced the hell out of the whole garden & in some cases dug whole plants out of the ground & fucked off with them.. if they're ethno heads then they're a fucking disgrace (sorry for getting all Today Tonight about it but it's true) & if they're just dumb fucks who want to get high then... well you get the point...

i used to go hang out in the garden all the time & got to know some of the guys that tend the collection.. ended up trading some beautiful cuttings for some other rare trichs so was a win win situation, i helped the garden to diversify & i got some beautiful plants... anyway i'm sure my point is obvious.. sorry for hijacking your thread & ranting like a crazy person

Yeah agreed with paradox,i visited a public cacti garden today knocked on the door and the owner helped me out with 7 nice cuts some exceptional blue peruvianas and damn fine conversation,amazing what some honest courtesy and friendly interest can achieve,i was so stoked next time I pass by im gonna drop in some cold beers for his kindness and another arvo of interesting convo..

Dont think its monstrose growth either. Pups sometimes start up a little bit shrivelled up but mostly turn out to be normal after growing for some while. But its a very nice type. Got better pictures of the motherplant?

Edited by Evil Genius