The Corroboree
hypnotoad

Quick P. Viridis Question

I have 4 over 4ft Viridis trees that are doing well (I've had them for 2 or so years).

They're currently growing in a shadecloth greenhouse that gets direct sun from 10am to about 4pm and they get watered once every 2 days. They're really healthy but the majority of the leaves have brown tips?

It has recently come to my attention that this may be because they're getting too much sun? Is this so?

Thanks.

I live in a subtropical zone with 7 degree winters.

Possibly too much sun or a nutrient deficiency. Mine used to do that even though they were in the shade. Have they only started doing it or was it also happening during winter? Do you fertilize?

I give them a drink with seaweed fertilizer once every 2 weeks. Brown tips have always been there.

Is it seasol? Remember that most seaweed "fertilisers" are not fertilisers at all. They may have groth hormones etc but usually need to be applied in conjunction with a fertiliser when the plants are in pots.

If they are otherwise healthy then I wouldn't worry about it too much. 4 feet tall in 2 years then I think you're doing something right. For me, carth grows that rapid but viridis certainly does not.

I have a Catha that's about the same age that'd be getting close to 6ft. It loves life, big, bright green, glossy leaves. I'd love my P. Viridis to have those picture perfect leaves like their cousin. :)

all mine do this as well. they grow in full shade behind a large tree in a jungle environment, but even before moving here they still did it. iv tried fertilizers for a while but psychotrias seem to take a long time to come good, i suppose doing it in there growing season would be best.. when ever that might be