The Corroboree
GregKasarik

Hunger strike postponed. For now...

I respect your passion and determination. There are many ways to view every situation and what may be viewed as “realistic” by some could simply be “already defeated” by others.

I don’t think fears of an authoritarian backlash are unfounded, but there is a line they cross on their path to paranoia – pinpointing that line is the hard part.

The themes surrounding this issue could be discussed for eternity, however I must add in closing that social taboos are not defined by legislation and there are many perfectly legal things you could do on the weekend that would warrant the same Monday morning response. Even in the ideal world where legislative change did take place, culturally the same post-weekend response may still be necessary – it would not mean that your workmates and superiors would be nonchalant about your choice of religious or recreational activities. Again I wish you the best of luck, sincerely - disregard any opposing views, including mine, because society does need more people like yourself. Just ensure a conscious effort not to cause more harm than good whilst travelling your path...