The Corroboree
euphoraecopia

I found a Pereskiopsis cutting

I've read to use moist soil (well draining as per the cacti community) to get rooting started, but I've also seen pics of cats throwing a cutting in a flask with just water. I'm curious what the wise ones around here have tried. I only have one cutting, approx 13cm long, must be cautious.

cut it into 3 and plant in moist soil, you can use root striking gel or just put it in the soil. In a few weeks it will strike most likely, from my limited experience they are really weedy. I have seen the water thing used to and no doubt it would work but makes me nervous.

I struck mine in soil that was wet constantly so i assume either way would work well. It's pretty hardy and very rot resistant you shouldn't have any trouble :) if you do swing us a pm and I'll send you out a piece or two I've been propagating it like mad

Very easy to strike, any method will do. I would just put it into the pot it will end up in for a while, so you handle it less.

Each tiny glochid is a spawn of The Dark One himself, be careful handling this one.

Alice i wish i had been told about this before receiving my first peres cuts....

i have grown opuntias for a while now and was quite familiar with glochid devil fur...

However all this counted for nothing when i excitedly jammed my hand into the mail tube and grabbed out the whole bunch only to realise that they too have glochids.

I saw a comment a week ago. "dont treat them like a cactus" This is pretty much how its been for me.

They love humidity and water.

I cut it into thirds and placed them in the best moist soil I have, now wait. I'm sure these things would be easier if it were spring. thanks for the help!

what's a way to know they're rooted? just wait until new growth starts, I assume.

Yeah just wait for new growth mate, mine was shooting new growth within the week of me putting it in the ground, I just used a good draining Aussie native mix for the soil.

Good luck mate, they're a piece of piss to grow your gonna be laughing :)