The Corroboree
Hendry

white powder on Cathy ?

Is this powdery mildew? I already sprayed it with neem then washed the leaves clean after a bit.I first noticed the leaves getting deformed and a white powder. Not knowing any better I am guilty of top watering (in a way that leaves the....leaves wet maybe this is the result of doing so?. I have some sulfur based antifungal (spray) was considering using it. Catha is on 11th story porch with decent air exchange.

What do you guys figure?

Catha003.jpg

Catha001.jpg

catha2001.jpg

most likely it is powdery mildew, mix 50ml of full cream milk with 950ml of water and spray till it drips.

yes, as naja say's, but realy, you don't have to treat those symptoms, they are never fatal, and go away by themselves.

mist, those effected plants more with water, mildew rather happens with cathas, which are not exposed to the elements (direct rain).

i'v never have seen mildew on outdoor qat.

Edited by planthelper

PH said - "i'v never have seen mildew on outdoor qat"

The above statement remains true PH.

foolishly I completley forgot that a week and a bit prior to myoriginal post the Catha had been inside for a few weeks?or so . Before that ithad always been outside until I noticed fungusknats (due to me over watering? maybe). Moved it inside to avoid my sticky traps blowing into the plant on thewindy patio. Then left em there. Eventually returned em to the patio. Those fungus knats are evil little beasties. Can't seem to get all of them to stop"moving".Never used any insecticides and don't want to I have started to put a toplayer of sand inthe pots. A couple days ago I applied a spinosad (anti-fruit flybacteria?) spray to the top of thesoil. Doesn't seem to be as many of thembut I still see one or two doing the rounds. No doubt the knats paused briefly to have a laugh at my attemptsto stop them, held an inter-pot meeting in which they voted to resettle ,regroup in my next doorneighbors flower pots and return with a vengeance. Besides that the plants aredoing very well. I treated with milk/water spray. The powder is gone.

(I apologize for the ridiculously delayed reply I got "stuck in the mud" a little bit. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it)

Hendry

Edited by Hendry

Fresh air(good airflow) and a bit of a good seaweed based fertilizer as a foliar spray will also help keep lots of beasts away.