The Corroboree
basalamant

Identify this cactus???

Hey. So my mate and I bought a cactus a few weeks back and were not sure if it is an Echinopsis pachanoi or not...so here are some photos...please help in identifying this cactus, that'd be swell. By the way the chips at the top are because a bird or something took a nib, its healthy..

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Edited by basalamant

It's either a pach, scop or both :) cant figure out which one though. Anyone else?

Bit too small to distinguish between patch and scop. Post pic in 2 years. It is sunburnt though.

or your could try to take a decent photo or something!

:blink: Edited by blowng

The size of spines, number of spines and number of ribs suggest pachanoi. But the areole indentation looks a bit scopulicola. However though, I have a similar plant which also showed no v-indentations until it was repotted into proper cactus soil and fertilized. Then the growth changed completely. Most felt the plant as scopulicola, but it was actually a pachanoi once it began to grow much healthier. I would say the same is possible with your plant there. Also, is that sunburn, or snail damage? If it's snail damage, your plant won't grow properly if the tip keeps getting munched.